M-Audio Keystation Pro88 Broken Key Advice Needed

Reaction score
Hello everyone,

I purchased an M-Audio Keystation Pro88 and it just arrived. Upon opening the thing up i see that one of the keys is stuck in a pressed state and appears not to function.

I have no idea how to go about repairing this, if it is an easy fix or what and need some advice.

The keys are fully weigted hammer action.

Please see image:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/zxb9xzqv6yynib0/2014-06-04 10.35.42.jpg

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
M-Audio is notorious for poor quality merchandise and shipping DOAs.

I'd recommend sending it back to the vendor for an exchange or even a different make and model like a Novation or a Studiologic.

I would also make them eat the return shipping costs since they shipped you defective merchandise.

A DIY fix would only screw up any warranty you may have received when you purchased it.

Gary

Reaction score
I have a studio logic sl 880 and a key s broken. i am pretty sure sensor needs cleaning. i was going to use an electrical solvent cleaner. is this wise on the key sensors?

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score

Both Kurzweil and Studiologic use Fatar Keybeds. Recommended cleaner is isopropyl alcohol. I wouldn't use contact cleaner since it has a lube which might dissolve the rubber contact strip.

Gary

Ask a Question