M Audio prokeys 88

Reaction score
Just tried out one of these beasts ... was looking to purchase but gosh was I shocked. The piano sounds are pants if using mono amp ... who isn't!! in a live set up ... keyboard felt fragile ... in fact if you hit it hard enough ( my style is a little rough) you can really hear the "crack" of the hammers .... not impressed ... any one else tgried it or the SONO?

Reaction score
Whoa. Nobody ever replied to this? I feel as if I should at least give this a go...even though the topic is kind of old.

I haven't ever been super impressed with M Audio keyboards. I am considering purchasing a Axiom Pro in the near future so that I am able to run Reason and Ableton into it...but I haven't really made my mind up yet. My main keyboard is a Nord Stage Ex. There is one main difference between a Nord keyboard and every other keyboard on the market: Nord has SOUL. When you play a Stage it's like the keyboard is a part of you. Sounds weird...but it's truth in my case. I haven't been able to connect with another brand/model on the market in that way.

Reaction score
I was simply shjocked bearing in the price of the unit and the shear size and weight ... I've got a Yamaha M08 -which I love ... and it was a similar weight!!
Not keen on M-Audio at all ... in fact would rather buy old used controller like A33 .....

Reaction score
Yamaha makes quality stuff, good choice! Anymore it's not really about what kind of keyboard you have, but one's ability with software/midi and all that.

Ask a Question