M50 OS 1.1.0 released in UK

Reaction score
The M50 operating system update to version 1.1.0 is now available on the M50 product page of Korg's UK web site. The update makes the M50 compatible with the forthcoming release of Karma M50, adds 700 effect presets and other minor functionality, and fixes a bug in preload combination B099.

The M50 editors have been updated as well.

Korg UK has not yet updated their support pages for the new release, and still no mention on the Korg US web site.

Meanwhile, Karama Labs is almost ready to start beta testing Karma M50. Knowing how the software development process goes, I doubt Karama M50 will be out before the end of the year. Instead there will probably be a big announcement at the 2009 NAMM Show in mid January.

My quest for keys has me heavily leaning toward the M50, but trying to anticipate upcoming sale deals has me delaying my final decision....

Reaction score
I've been on to the M3 for ages, until I found out about the M50, which is like a godsend for us who can't afford the M3 :p

It's really great that Korg updates the operating systems after release as well, and adds new stuff to it. Only downside is that they usually add more presets (which of course is nothing bad in itself, it's always great with more sounds but...) that fills up the keyboards memory, preventing you from saving your own sounds.
Of course you could always delete some of them if you're running out of slots, but I suppose presets are rather difficult to re-create, so deleting them might have consequences...

Oh well, can't wait for the next NAMM show :)

Reaction score
That M3 is definitely something to drool over, especially if loaded to the hilt with optional features galore. Hello, Mission Control! :D But thanks to the M50, we can conserve drool for use on other goodies we'd like Santa to bring.

If I understand the Parameter Guide (p. 251) correctly, you can restore any/all nuked factory presets.

Ask a Question