Mac Driver for Roland RD-700

Reaction score
I can't seem to find the Mac driver for the Roland RD-700. There are drivers for the 700SX, 700NX, and 700GX, but not the plain old 700. On the Roland site they simply have the full system update for this unit, but no driver.

The Roland site doesn't seem to have any way to contact support. I tweeted them @Roland_US, but no response.

I'm on Mac Sierra v10.12.3

(and BTW, I tried using the driver for the other 700 (with the SX/NX/DX) and it doesn't work. That one is called RD_USBdriver109.pkg)

Reaction score
2018 Update.. After 3 years with no midi on my RD-700-GX and buying an external USB midi adapter ( didn't help there are power issues ). I finally got it going on my osx 10.13 SOLUTION !! use the normal direct USB cable .. However you must update the keyboards internal default settings to use a "GENERIC" midi driver I also had to set the keyboard to pass through the output via the midi port this is off by default. Can now use Synthesia again

https://static.roland.com/assets/media/pdf/RD-700GX_OM.pdf

see page 142 in the guide for full instructions on how to set this.

Reaction score
2018 Update.. After 3 years with no midi on my RD-700-GX and buying an external USB midi adapter ( didn't help there are power issues ). I finally got it going on my osx 10.13 SOLUTION !! use the normal direct USB cable .. However you must update the keyboards internal default settings to use a "GENERIC" midi driver I also had to set the keyboard to pass through the output via the midi port this is off by default. Can now use Synthesia again

https://static.roland.com/assets/media/pdf/RD-700GX_OM.pdf

see page 142 in the guide for full instructions on how to set this.
I can not get the RD-700GX midi to work with Sibelius. No communication either way.

Ask a Question