MainStage and old Yamaha home organ

Reaction score
Hello ladies and gents.
I have a mad idea and I'm not sure if its feasible.
Currently using Yamaha Portable Grand NP10 with MainStage which works really well for me. I would like a set of Midi bass pedals for the Hammond patches but at £350 for a set of Studiologic pedals I am looking for an alternative. I have a Korg NanoKeys to trigger bass patches at the moment.
Does anyone know if an old Yamaha EL 70 1990's (or similar) with Midi would let me trigger bass Patches (and use its keyboards as well) through MainStage via its pedals. I can't find a Midi protocol, midi mapping chart or anything that tells me what the old organs outputs Midi wise.
I'm sure this can't be the first time this has been raised. I've had a search but can't seem to find anything.
Any help, suggestions would be welcome.
Cheers
Paul

Reaction score
If it has a 5-pin MIDI Out jack, it can trigger Mainstage, but you'd need the manual to get a better idea of what it can/can't do. Luckily, you can download it at https://uk.yamaha.com/en/support/manuals/index.html?l=en&c=&k=el-70

The key info in this case is that upper manual transmits on channel 1, lower manual on channel 2, and pedals on channel 3.
Cheers for that, I only thought about it the other day, I been toying with the idea of laying down money for Studiologic pedals and thought I wonder if this will work. Why have I not seen more people going this way to get a Steaming Hammond through Mainstage I wonder

Reaction score
Buy an octave worth of sustain pedals and map them to notes...cheaper than the package....could just buy a few and program to the key, no foot misteps

Ask a Question