Manchester

Rayblewit

Love Music / Love Life
Reaction score
Becky, Am I correct in thinking you reside in Manchester?
Trusting all is well with you, your family and friends.
Deepest empathy and thoughts to the people of UK and particularly Manchester.
Ray

Reaction score
Thanks Ray, that means a lot.

We're all ok, I don't personally know anyone who was affected. We live about 20 mins drive south of the city centre. My husband and brother were at Manchester Arena on Sunday evening seeing Prof Brian Cox, and they left by the same exit that was targeted. Scary to think I could have lost them both if the bombing had taken place just 24 hours earlier :(

I think we're all still in shock to be honest. I wasn't born here, but I moved here when I was 18 and fell in love with the place. The people are so friendly, it's a diverse place and full of hard-working, kind-hearted people. Why anyone would want to target such a place, and in particular an event that was attended by so many children and young people, is just beyond my comprehension.

:(

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
Sadly to me this is simply further evidence there is no god. Good things happen to bad people and bad things happen to good people.

The universe is a random cruel bitch as we fight and die over who has the most powerful imaginary friend.

Glad to hear that you're safe Becky...

Join me in Toronto this summer and we'll head up to the Northern bush and take ourselves off the grid for the sake of our sanity. Only atheists allowed. :p

Gary ;)

Rayblewit

Love Music / Love Life
Reaction score
Tonight I watched the news and saw some pictures of some beautiful people who have had their lives taken from them. These lovely people. I cried. I was deeply saddened.
Then i got angry! These innocent and lovely people had no escape from a brainwashed coward with sensless intentions.
Feelings of anger and despair.
Sadness and grief.
Sorrow and pain.
RIP . . 22 beautiful people of Manchester.

Reaction score
There was a vigil last night outside the town hall - I couldn't go, sadly, because of my back, but I watched it live on YouTube. This is local poet Tony Walsh reading his tribute to Manchester - well worth a watch:

Powerful and moving.

Ask a Question