Maybe a crazy idea..... :)

Reaction score
Hi Gang, New member.
My name is Josh and I have a Yamaha PSR 520. I was wondering if there is a way that I could somehow get all the sounds I like off of this keyboard into some kind of new era sampler so I can still use the sounds through a midi controller and ditch the old keyboard to free up some room on my studio desk? Also I have a PC computer that is old so this would have to be done without the use of a computer if possible. Unfortunately I'm not quite financially able at this time to make the move to (computer recording/software synths) but if you can point me in the direction steps I need to take to make this happen that would be great.

Thanks, Josh

A

Advertising

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
You're asking how to bake a cake without eggs, milk or flour.

Using a computer it would be a monstrously tedious task to sample a few octaves of each sound and manually tweak them to reproduce them, but without a computer it's just plain impossible. Short of building one yourself, no module or instrument has that kind of sampling capacity built in.

Here's a couple of thoughts though.

If the Yamaha has true MIDI ports you could always plug a MIDI controller into it and stash the PSR under a table while you use it as a module.

Or if you're the real hacker/experimenter type, just gut the electronics out of the PSR and build a custom module with the internal works.

These are the only reasonable approaches I can think of to accomplish what you want to do.

As for soft synths? Think: "The More POWER the More RAM, the BETTER." Apple/PC/Linux? is more a matter of personal choice and budget.

Gary ;)

A

Advertising

Ask a Question