Maykapar: Pedal Prelude No 5

Fred Coulter

Collector of ancient keyboards
Reaction score
Not only am I now using two keyboards, but because the melody moves from right hand, to left hand, to right hand, and then ends on left hand, I'm constantly shifting hands back and forth between the two keyboards. While trying to not lose the beat.

This is the best version of a half hour or so of playing the piece. (And screwing up the piece, and experimenting with rolling chords, and doing all that stuff you do when you're bored. AADD?)

I've got to get the piano tuned. Some of the stuff I'm working on really sounds best on piano, and I might as well do it on a real piano. (I wonder if I can convince a daughter to handhold the camera during Christmas. One of the places we're visiting has a baby grand.)

Fred Coulter

Collector of ancient keyboards
Reaction score
After I started playing it with the sounds I had picked out, I said to myself this sounds remarkably similar to stuff on the Spa channel of SiriusXM radio. A bit more care in production values (and a bunch more material), and I might have a new age album.

My next piece should be a bit faster.

Ask a Question