Me Discussing Music on a Keyboard Podcast

Reaction score
Hey all,

I was very privileged to be invited to be a guest on a new keyboard-related podcast called The Keyboard Chronicles.

The host is a top bloke and mate of mine David Holloway - he is a gigging keyboardist who lives on the east coast of Australia. It's a great show he puts together, and I'll confess I'm a little biased as I'll be co-hosting future epsiodes with him. I can promise you the standard of guest increases significantly in the next episode!

Anyway, if you're having trouble sleeping and would like to hear me drone on about music for an hour, here's the link:

Don't say you weren't warned!

Reaction score
Warning noted and ignored.

Fascinating listening to the whole of the podcast.

Great choices with the 5 DID's, well four of the five as I have never heard of one Band.

Interesting listening about the logistics of the distances involved. Reminds me that my Sister in Law who lives in Perth regularly drives to her Daughter's home to Cat sit when her Daughter and her Partner go on holiday, that is Perth to Melbourne and back, Sis thinks nothing of it.

Rayblewit

Love Music / Love Life
Reaction score
Today, Sunday, I need to brush away the useless and insignificant parts of the day and devote a good hour of listening to a master dedicated keyboardist, Paul, guru, my mentor.

Thanks for the link Paul, Will indeed tune in later today and let you know where you went wrong . . lol joking!

Anon. :)

Reaction score
47D90FAD-BAB2-4C01-9452-6AC7ED574D90.jpeg

Paul

New Avatar image for you!

Rayblewit

Love Music / Love Life
Reaction score
Well . . . I listened today!

Most enjoyable podcast:

Timelines below are approx.:

At 5? (not sure) . . Love the Blues man!. . me too!

At 15: . . . talking about your Pink Floyd sounds being generated from your hardware really fascinated me. Some of those sounds you create on stage are incredibly real like! I really thought some sounds were extracts from the original albums. Amazing!

At 19: . . How you and your drummer work together with the special effects (as in MONEY) must take amazing concentration and timing. Wow! What an achievement! Teamwork at its best!

At 24: . . The wheelchair story was invigorating! I love the way you handled with understanding and compassion. When I saw your show in Melbourne last year, there was a handicapped guy just in front of us. He moved his head to extremes to every note played and vocally he sang out loud at times. He just loved the music. He obviously knew the Pink Floyd tunes because he was in awe of it all. He was in a state of euphoria and it made me happy to see him this way. So EOPF really enhances the emotions of all kinds. Well done on the way you handled your experience.

At ? . . DOGS! . . Now you have me searching for that song! I probably know it. But the title eludes me. . . searching . .

At 31: . . . You got trumped when asked what advice do you give . . gigging! I had a little chuckle here hearing you searching for a response. . lol but you mastered your way through it.

At 39: . . . GAS . . You ain’t got it!

At 45:. . . Fav 5 . . . Good choice! Love Midnight Oil and AC/DC. . Top shelf music!

At 54:. . . CO-Host . . You bet . . I will be tuned in.

The whole podcast was sensible discussion which I found enjoyable and stimulating (being a keyboardist myself). If not a keyboardist but musically minded, I feel the content of the discussion would be interesting and exciting nevertheless. Well done man!

Last edited:
Reaction score
You got trumped when asked what advice do you give . . gigging! I had a little chuckle here hearing you searching for a response. . lol but you mastered your way through it.
I sure did get trumped! Just wasn’t prepared for the question! I quickly tried to think of something that can separate success from failure when playing live and eventually stuttered my way there.

Thanks guys for listening and thanks Ray and Biggles for the kind feedback.

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
I honestly tried to listen Paul, but I've never been a big fan of audiobooks or podcasts. To me they've missed a retail opportunity as a night time sleep aid. :D

Still, congrats on your new sideline. :)

Gary ;)

Ask a Question