Medeli AKX10 Albums

Reaction score
Hi all … I plan to order an AKX10 this week and I am trying to get an understanding of “songs” in general and more specifically “albums” on the AKX10. I think Korg talks about the Song Book and Yamaha talks about Playlists.

On the AKX10 when you save an album for a specific song (let’s say “You Are My Sunshine”) then when you call up that song title, the style, the sounds, the tempo, the key, and other parameters that you saved are called up so that you are ready to play that song.

One question I have is, can midi files or mp3 files be saved to the same album and, if so, how do they work with the keyboard? Are they played like backing tracks?

My other question is about song files from other manufacturers. For example, there are hundreds of song files available for Yamaha arrangers. I assume they refer to Yamaha styles and sounds and probably can’t be used on the AKX10. Are there Medeli song files available or will I just need to create them myself?

Thanks in advance for any help.

Reaction score
I reread the manual and I see now that my first post used the wrong terminology. It turns out that Albums are like Playlists or Song Books. What I am looking for is more information on creating songs … especially ones that include a midi or audio file. Thanks.

Reaction score
Now that I actually have an AKX10, I can confirm that the English version of the User's Manual has several places where they use the word "Album" when they should really be using "Song". I have also learned that Song files can mean anything from styles that work well for a particular song to styles that have been modified to include sounds (melody, drums, etc.) that are copied from a particular song.

Ask a Question