Medeli AKX10 features not found on Yamaha arrangers

Reaction score
After 3 weeks using the AKX10, here are two useful features that I found on AKX10 but not on Tyros3 / Genos (which I own too)
1) for a given style, one can change volume/voice of any channel of any section (A/B/C/D/Intros/Endings) without affecting other sections. Typical usage: increase volume of the Phrase1 and Phrase2 so the intro / ending melody sound louder. On Yamaha arranger, change to a channel will affect all sections A/B/C/D !!!
2) chord velocity: when turned ON, the style volume will play softer or louder depending on how hard the chords are played (left hand). Very nice feature, especially for soft type of styles.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Last week, I played a gig using "chord velocity" for soft styles (such as slow Waltz, SlowRock, etc...), it worked great and make the accompaniment part more interesting.
Demonstrate this keyboard to a friend (who plays a PSR S770), he expresses the same opinions as most of us:
1) great keyboard, lot of features, low price
2) voices not as good as Yamaha. To avoid this pitfall, I only select voices that sound good, avoid the ones that sound bad.

Another important note: the AKX10 physical construction (including key bed) is more solid than the PSR S770 (which I just bought one last week, second hand !!!

I believed as times go on, there will be more styles and voices developed by AKX10 lovers to benefit the AKX10 owners.

Reaction score
Regarding the voices, have you tried loading in some Sf2’s? Maybe there’s a resource for sounds you might like? It wouldn’t surprise me to see Timur at Global Sounds start developing sounds for the AKX10, he seems incapable of fatigue and the quality of his sounds are tremendous!

Reaction score
That is really my only "real" complaint regarding the AKX10... the voices (and styles) are not all that good...

I was told by Timur that he will be working on voice/style packs for the AKX10 - but he doesn't know when he will start of be finished... he is very busy working on Yamaha/Korg stuff...

He did say that if you know what you are doing (I don't...) that tweaking the voices in the AKX10 can make them sound "really good".

Reaction score
That is really my only "real" complaint regarding the AKX10... the voices (and styles) are not all that good...

I was told by Timur that he will be working on voice/style packs for the AKX10 - but he doesn't know when he will start of be finished... he is very busy working on Yamaha/Korg stuff...

He did say that if you know what you are doing (I don't...) that tweaking the voices in the AKX10 can make them sound "really good".
Really...? The modern keyboards are like computers so it's mostly about software and AKX10 allows you to bring YAMAHA level of styles into MEDELI as there is no problem loading Genos styles.

Reaction score
Really...? The modern keyboards are like computers so it's mostly about software and AKX10 allows you to bring YAMAHA level of styles into MEDELI as there is no problem loading Genos styles.
If I could get Genos styles and voices into my newly purchased (5 days ago) AKX10 I would keep it...

And be one very happy guy!

Reaction score
Thank you!

Now, any idea how/where to get some of the Genos voices? :)
If you have a Genos (like me), you can do an audio recording of the instrument(s) you like. Make sure to record a number of notes from low to high on the keyboard (for example: all for notes C, E, G, Bb of each octave), one audio file per note per octave.
Bring these audio files to the computer that run Grand Suite software and follow Timor method. I like to this but no time for the next few months. I only need voices of about 8 instruments for playing parties.

Ask a Question