Medeli AKX10 - Score Display -

Reaction score
For the price, the Medeli AKX10 is a very interesting keyboard, with a lovely high resolution and responsive touch screen, reasonable sound and an easy operating system.
On its on-line specs there was initially an ambiguous reference to the "Score Display with App" which somehow implied that the keyboard could display the score, (and I wished lyrics as well), with an App integrated in the keyboard.
In reality no such native feature is available on the AKX10 itself but I found that it can be connected to an Android Midi App using the BlueTooth Midi of the keyboard.
The App "Piano Midi BLE USB" can be downloaded from Google Play and can output (simple) midi files from the tablet to the keyboard wirelessly.
Only once however I could see the notes played on the keyboard appear on the tablet and record in real time, possibly due to instability or some wrong settings, I presume.

If you are curious just try the app yourself and if you know of similar android applications please post them here.
Thanks

Reaction score
Thank you Spectral for the feedback. I have not tried a cable connection to my Android tablet. For that I may need to assemble a USB cable with the proper endings.
When you use the Ipad and you play the keyboard do you actually see the piano note and the score at the same time, and can you record all the tracks including accompaniment?
Thanks

Reaction score
Hi Gino, sorry, I didn‘t tried it together with score / accompaniment at the same time, only the basic features. But regarding latency a cable connection should always be a much better solution then blutooth, when playing live. Best regards!

Ask a Question