Medeli AKX10

3dc

Reaction score
I know most of you guys are on serious synths but whats your opinion on upcoming Medeli AKX10 arranger? The price is set at 545 GBP or 700 EUR and its jam packed with features and high quality sounds.
I wonder why Yamaha is not updating its PSR-S670 model? Why would they leave wide open space for Medeli in this price range?

Thanks in advance for your opinions.

Ad

Advertisements

Reaction score
Medeli AKX10, I would not consider it at all, with no serious history of product development any purchase would be a risk. I may be totally wrong but it looks like a Chinese rip off.

Yamaha have the SX range which superseeds the S range. Just why they have not made an SX 600 is probably to do with their only serious competition which is Korg.

Korg have their Pa 700 and the prior 600 and 300 models which they have not updated.

Korg have gone in a different direction with their EK50, i3 and XE20 keyboards and with Casio and their S3000 the market is now somewhat confused at this level.

Yamaha still have the S670 shown on their website and if there is going to be an update then that may well be to a SX600. As to why it has not yet happened is a moot point but probably due to a lack of sales in this level of the market. Going from an E463 to an S670 is not that much of a leap, going to an S770 was probably a more frequent move.

When you consider changing do thoroughly check out all available models up to say 1000 Euro, please do not get hooked on staying with the brand.

3dc

Reaction score
Medeli AKX10, I would not consider it at all, with no serious history of product development any purchase would be a risk. I may be totally wrong but it looks like a Chinese rip off.
I read somewhere that Medeli is actually an OEM and parts manufacturer for many respectable brands like KURZWEIL. Apparently Medeli stage pianos are cheaper but exact version of Kurzweil stage pianos. So I guess they are not really new in the industry. Judging from photos I saw on china website AKX10 does look pretty solid. Its not your usual Made in China product design. You can see they put some serious Yamaha and Korg "thoughts" into it. ;)
Its tempting I must say. The only question is sound and build quality. Right now KORG Pa700 still looks like best upgrade and budget fit for my level.

Ad

Advertisements

Reaction score
Kursweil are a very respected brand that seem to produce some excellent products.

There is a very big BUT applicable to them which is probably the same in Slovenia as it is here in the UK, they are practically non existant, I have only ever seen one piano and one controller in stores over here.

A Korg Pa would be a much better option, plenty of free expansion readily available, great help resources via here and Korg Forums.

Ask a Question