Medeli "support" - more like non-support...

Reaction score
I’ve written to their support team, usually one of them replies within a few days. During times of a global pandemic I tend to cut others a little slack, everybody is struggling to survive. Hopefully we will have answers to our concerns as soon as possible.

Reaction score
I’ve written to their support team, usually one of them replies within a few days. During times of a global pandemic I tend to cut others a little slack, everybody is struggling to survive. Hopefully we will have answers to our concerns as soon as possible.
Let me know if they reply.

They refuse to reply and ignore my e-mails when asking about warranty.

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
I put a lot more faith in what the head office says than what some sleazy sales rep says trying to close the deal. :p

Gary ;)

Reaction score
I put a lot more faith in what the head office says than what some sleazy sales rep says trying to close the deal. :p

Gary ;)
I hope that wasn’t serious ( hard to tell these days!). The rep was in their support group not the pop.

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
Look. It ships without a printed warranty in the box.

If that's not a red flag to you then I have no idea what is.

If it ain't in writing no court in the land will decide in your favor.

It doesn't matter what some blowhard tells you "off the cuff."

Gary ;)

Reaction score
Look. It ships without a printed warranty in the box.

If that's not a red flag to you then I have no idea what is.

If it ain't in writing no court in the land will decide in your favor.

It doesn't matter what some blowhard tells you "off the cuff."

Gary ;)
Insulting people make you feel empowered? I have nothing to gain by arguing with you and won’t.

Reaction score
Let me know if they reply.

They refuse to reply and ignore my e-mails when asking about warranty.
I wrote to them today and today they answered. In the United States Sam Ash does the warranty work but they don’t appear to be satisfied with them so they’re looking for another distributor. Warranty? Where do we find out what that warranty means? This is what I replied to the support person. Fast reply but not the depth of information I think some of us on here are looking for.

Reaction score
I wrote to them today and today they answered. In the United States Sam Ash does the warranty work but they don’t appear to be satisfied with them so they’re looking for another distributor. Warranty? Where do we find out what that warranty means? This is what I replied to the support person. Fast reply but not the depth of information I think some of us on here are looking for.
Interesting... since Sam Ash only carries Medeli's cheaper stuff... and doesn't even (and hasn't to my knowledge) carry the AKX10... or anything of theirs higher priced.

But yes, no mention of the actual warranty...

Last edited:
Reaction score
I fail to see an insult by Gary.

Just great advice.

In any case, why are you so hell bent on buying an AKX10?

All the signs look to be pointing towards it being a gamble.
Well, he already has it...

And, I can't speak for Murrell...

But if I had to do it over again, I would not buy it.

I would spend the extra money and get the Yamaha PSR-SX700.

The only saving "grace" is that I got it for 15% off - so it was $595.

And the fact that Timur is making an AKX10 Pack.

So, because I already have it - I'll keep it.

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
Regardless of the juvenile exchange we all just witnessed, I concur that if you are still shopping there are caveats to avoid, BUT,,, Polo if you have it now, make the best of it for the time being, and use it to its fullest potential. In a few years, when you outgrow it, you may even resell it for vintage money.

What's the build quality like?

I ask because...

I happen to own an ASM Hydrasynth which is a subsidiary of Medeli, but distinct nonetheless, and the Hydra is built like a tank and very well supported with software and firmware updates.

Remember, there are 40 year old Casios out there fetching a king's ransom these days. :rolleyes:

Gary ;)

Reaction score
and once again....

Attachments

• giphy.gif
    giphy.gif
    229.4 KB · Views: 10
Reaction score
Well, he already has it...

And, I can't speak for Murrell...

But if I had to do it over again, I would not buy it.

I would spend the extra money and get the Yamaha PSR-SX700.

The only saving "grace" is that I got it for 15% off - so it was $595.

And the fact that Timur is making an AKX10 Pack.

So, because I already have it - I'll keep it.
I really don’t understand Polo, you seem to be very unhappy with your keyboard so why not just send it back while you can?
If you’re going to buy the PA700 I may be able to find some great sounds and styles that I’ll be happy to send you.
The PA series that I’ve owned were great, I just happen to like the Yamahas better.
and once again....
A friend of mine used to own a large music store in Shreveport, La, ( not far from where we lived) he collected, restored, and sold old Hammonds and player pianos. I could never afford an old B, C or A but he didn’t mind me coming in there and jamming on them. Two 122’s and the room was rocking! I always wanted an old Panhead and a vintage B, maybe in another life!

Reaction score
I really don’t understand Polo, you seem to be very unhappy with your keyboard so why not just send it back while you can?
If you’re going to buy the PA700 I may be able to find some great sounds and styles that I’ll be happy to send you.
The PA series that I’ve owned were great, I just happen to like the Yamahas better.
Well, as I stated, I got it brand new for 15% off - so it came to $595...

Although I am not very happy with the voices/sounds - the build quality seems to be very good.

And since Timur is putting together an AKX10 Pack - that should go some way toward alleviating the bad voices/sounds that come in it.

So... here's hoping it lasts!

At least until Yamaha comes out with their new line - which, if they follow their previous years schedules, should be quite soon.

Reaction score
What's the build quality like?

I ask because...

I happen to own an ASM Hydrasynth which is a subsidiary of Medeli, but distinct nonetheless, and the Hydra is built like a tank and very well supported with software and firmware updates.

Remember, there are 40 year old Casios out there fetching a king's ransom these days. :rolleyes:

Gary ;)
The build quality is surprisingly pretty good...

Ask a Question