Memory registrations gone

Reaction score
Hi all. When I started my PSR E453 today all of my memory registrations were gone. How could this be? I have not turned off the keyboard while it was writing. Any suggestions how this could have happened? I couldn’t find anything in the manual.

Thanks
Linda

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
Keyboards are computers.

Computer glitches happen.

Could have been caused by anything from power surges to cosmic rays to a software bug.

This is why you always back stuff up..

Remember, it's not IF it fails, it's WHEN it fails.

Gary ;)

Reaction score
Guess so but unfortunately I cannot back up the memory registrations.

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
In that case you are fastened by an inclined plane wrapped helically around an axis.

(screwed :) )

Gary ;)

Rayblewit

Love Music / Love Life
Reaction score
I think to lose all memory registrations is heart breaking since they have taken precious time and feeling to create.
This is why you always back stuff up..

My KB does not have facilitity to back up memories either so how would you recommend it it to be done?
Ray

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
Are you telling me that Yamaha sells a $450 keyboard that can't save registrations to a memory card? :rolleyes:

My recommendation is DON'T BUY YAMAHA!!! :eek:

Gary ;)

SeaGtGruff

I meant to play that note!
Reaction score
Performing a “backup clear” (sometimes called a “system reset” or “factory reset”) by holding down the rightmost white key while turning on the keyboard will clear all User Songs, User Styles, Registrations, and Backup settings— but will not erase any song files or style files you’ve transferred to the keyboard’s internal storage via MusicSoft Downloader or MusicSoft Manager.

If you did not perform a backup clear, then it’s possible that some sort of problem is developing in the memory.

Note that you can back up all of your User Songs, User Styles, and Registrations by saving a “User File” to a USB flash drive. You can save up to 100 different User Files— named “User001.USR” through “User100.USR”— on a single USB flash drive, although you won’t see the “.USR” extension on the keyboard’s display screen.

You can also back up all User Songs, User Styles, Registrations, and Backup settings by transferring a file named “PSR-E453.BUP” from your keyboard to your computer or iPad using MusicSoft Downloader (PC) or MusicSoft Manager (iPad).

Note that if you load a User File into the keyboard from a USB flash drive, or transfer a Backup File to it using MusicSoft Downloader or MusicSoft Manager, any User Songs, User Styles, Registrations, and (in the case of a Backup File) Backup settings that were in the keyboard will be replaced by whatever was in the User File or Backup File. Hence, if there were no User Songs in the file, all of the User Songs will be cleared; if there were no User Styles in the file, all of the User Styles will be cleared; and if there were no Registrations in the file, all of the Registrations will be cleared.

Reaction score
Thanks. I didn’t know about the .USR backup. Better use it from now on. I still don’t know how it happened but maybe the cat pulled out the plug.

SeaGtGruff

I meant to play that note!
Reaction score
LOL! In my case it would be my sister’s blind dog, who I’ve been keeping for her for going on a year now. His bed is near my keyboard stand, next to my bed, and sometimes when he gets out of bed he somehow manages to get stuck between the keyboard bench and the wall— which of course is where all the power cords and other cords for the keyboards are. Last night he got all tangled up in the cords for the landline phone in the den.

Ask a Question