Mid Covid Checkup...

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
So we are all into covid up to our necks and barely treading water any longer with the threat of hospitals being overloaded in the coming holiday weeks.

Lockdowns and school closures are being applied in patchwork fashion in various jurisdictions around the country and around the world.

Tonight I was browsing the local Keyboard Classifieds here in Toronto. Over 1800 listings. Tons of consumer junk of course, but some people are literally selling off their babies to make ends meet.

I'm wondering if entertainment artists are thriving or dying according to the same patchwork rules that exist throughout the world?

Seriously though, we ALL know who pissed in the pool first.

By next spring any of us could become fatalities.

I just want to say right now, that I've met a ton of wonderful people on this forum.

Gary ;)

Reaction score
I’ll echo your comments, especially the last, a great forum populated by great people.

I read elsewhere of Musicians and Entertainers struggling to survive, over here our Hospitality Industry is also particularly hard hit. Yet despite the problems the majority are still complying with the Rules in place.

We have an inept Government who have muddled their way through the crisis. Inconsistent rules are being applied in an inconsistent manner, London has less restrictions than Manchester despite Manchester having the lower Covid rates.

Our trend now slightly downward so maybe the revised isolation protocols hare working, but maybe it is just the cyclic nature of the pandemic, time will tell.

I used to be self employed and those that are still self employed have not received any help, so many have had near on nine months of no income. At least work for many has resumed but living where we do we see very little of peoples work activity, just a little less traffic activity on the main road near home.

Our Grandkids are in and out of school as pupils with symptoms causing the whole class bubble to go into lockdown. Grandson was recently in insolation and at home he even stayed in his room and kept interaction to a minimal for the duration, his own way of trying to keep his family safe. Our Daughter is a Nurse who has also had to isolate on a couple of occasions when work colleagues have contracted symptoms, but she has stayed Covid free.

It is hard not seeing family, but I have a smile on my face each morning as I take our dog out for her walk and pass a couple of houses about a 100m from home where the single ladies who live alone in each of the houses are sat outside whatever the weather having breakfast with each other, one in their own garden and the other in hers. We do get to interact with the many dog owners we meet, pre covid it was just a hello, now it is a socially distanced chat as they to are missing company.

Thank goodness for Zoom/Facetime etc.

3dc

Reaction score
By next spring any of us could become fatalities.

I just want to say right now, that I've met a ton of wonderful people on this forum.

Gary ;)

Eat honey and fermented cabbage, drink lemonade, get out for the sun and vitamin D. Do whatever is needed to survive. Use this crisis for something positive. Learn something new, create your new masterpiece or do whatever you need to do just don't despair. We all have to die someday so if its our turn soon then I say we go down bravely while playing on our instruments. Finally IMHO death is not permanent and we will all meet again on the other side anyway.
No one can save you guys from my annoying beginner questions not even Corona or death. :)

Take care! ;)

Last edited:

Ask a Question