MIDI Casio CTK-900 to Windows XP

Reaction score
Hello everyone. I have been using (my wife actually) a Casio -CTK-900 keyboard for some time. Although very satisfactory in itself, I have never been able to achieve MIDI operation with the supplied Casio software. I am perplexed because I have been able to up & download MIDI sequences using other software via the USB port. I now believe that I need to use a "joystick" / "gamesport" interface - but my PC does not have this 15 pin male connector.

Can anyone identify with this experience or point me in the right direction? There is one free PCI port on the Scaleo-P computer that I am using. I have a Pentium 4 processor and over 3GB of memory. There is stacks of free HDD space. I am running Windows XP PRO

I would really appreciate some help with this. It's very importatnt to get rolling with the Casio software as this will back up my settings and other memory and allow me some security AND the ability to re-use some of the song memory in particular

Thanking you

Berry G

Reaction score
Hello everyone. I have been using (my wife actually) a Casio -CTK-900 keyboard for some time. Although very satisfactory in itself, I have never been able to achieve MIDI operation with the supplied Casio software. I am perplexed because I have been able to up & download MIDI sequences using other software via the USB port. I now believe that I need to use a "joystick" / "gamesport" interface - but my PC does not have this 15 pin male connector.

Can anyone identify with this experience or point me in the right direction? There is one free PCI port on the Scaleo-P computer that I am using. I have a Pentium 4 processor and over 3GB of memory. There is stacks of free HDD space. I am running Windows XP PRO

I would really appreciate some help with this. It's very importatnt to get rolling with the Casio software as this will back up my settings and other memory and allow me some security AND the ability to re-use some of the song memory in particular

Thanking you

Berry G

Berry,
You need to download for free from Casio the program 'DATAMANAGER'.
When the keyboard is connected via an normal USB-cable it will open a screen that helps you to transfer your files from and to your computer or keyboard.

DickR

Reaction score
Just need a bit of clarification here.

Is the issue you are having that you cannot connect your keyboard to the PC because the keyboard doesn't have a USB port?

If so, you need something like this http://www.dealsdirect.com.au/p/usb-midi-cable-connection/

Cheers,

The Y-man
Hello Y-man. Thanks for the interest.

No I can connect via USB and other than Casio software will exchange OK in either direction. It's just that I cannot get the Casio software to exchange. It's loaded and is running but it doesn't find the keyboard interface. So..... I am asking/ being led to think.... that I may need other than a USB interface for Casio software to run. They mention a "Joystick" 15Way interface as being aprt of a "Soundblaster" audio interface. I am asking if there is anyone who has same experiences with CTK-900 working via Windows XP PRO?

Reaction score
Berry,
You need to download for free from Casio the program 'DATAMANAGER'.
When the keyboard is connected via an normal USB-cable it will open a screen that helps you to transfer your files from and to your computer or keyboard.

DickR
Thank you for your response DickR. I will go to the site and look for that software. In due course I will report on the outcome. Thanks.
Berry

The Y_man

Reaction score
Hello Y-man. Thanks for the interest.

No I can connect via USB and other than Casio software will exchange OK in either direction. It's just that I cannot get the Casio software to exchange. It's loaded and is running but it doesn't find the keyboard interface. So..... I am asking/ being led to think.... that I may need other than a USB interface for Casio software to run. They mention a "Joystick" 15Way interface as being aprt of a "Soundblaster" audio interface. I am asking if there is anyone who has same experiences with CTK-900 working via Windows XP PRO?

FYI, I run XP Home (not as good as Pro) on my laptop. Both Data Manager 6

http://support.casio.com/download.php?cid=008&pid=340&rgn=4

and IDES

http://www.casio-europe.com/euro/emi/cms/

from the casio site that Dick R talked about work fine for transferring files etc to/from my CTK-7000. Nothing other than a USB cable needed.

The Y-man

Ask a Question