Midi Controller for your CX-3 Drawbars (Korg Kronos)

Reaction score
Hey everyone,

I'm six years late, but in case there are any musicians out there trying to find a solution for the organ drawbars on the Korg Kronos, I have a solution for you. I have programmed 19 System Exclusive Control Maps that work for the Roland A-Pro Series (300, 500, 800). If you already have one of these controllers, message me and I'll send you all the codes. If you don't have this controller, I have the entire bundle for sale on my Reverb shop:

https://reverb.com/shop/philips-boutique-8

Sysex files can only be sent via a 5-pin MIDI cable, which means using a USB cable is a no-go. The price fluctuates depending on how cheap I can acquire these A-Pros. Power adapter and Midi cable is included!

Here is a video on how it all works:

Again, I am more than happy to share any codes, but if you want all of this functionality in one purchase, this is your shop stop. The Roland A-800 is a great controller for your Kronos. It's lightweight and can withstand a beating.

All the codes look something like this:
F0 42 30 68 43 1C 0B 00 04 00 00 00 DT F7

Please let me know if there are other Midi Controllers with 61-keys that can transmit 7bit sysex codes. The Novation SL controllers can, but I couldn't figure out the software.
If at any point my shop has no inventory, please contact me, as I possibly have more on the way. Thank you!

Reaction score
I know that you need sysex for Roland gear but I was under the impression that Korg used standard CC values for the drawbars. The upper drawbars respond to cc 16-24 and the lower drawbars respond to cc 70-78. So why would I want to fool with the archaic programming of sysex messages?

Reaction score
I suspect other Korg keyboards do respond to standard CC, but from what I've tested and read online, the drawbars of the CX-3 engine in the Korg Kronos do not respond to CC. This has been a frustration for a few Kronos owners out there (especially me). I figured out all of the sysex messages, so if anyone needs the codes, I can help.

Reaction score
Or... one could lug around a CX3 :) (want one, I've got one).... I ALSO have a "Viscount D9 (DB3) module. This was the company that made the old Oberheim OB3 (which I see are selling for a premium on Reverb).
Now, I think, (for their day).. these guys did a pretty fair job of B3 clone.... but, time marches on. I would think however that one of these modules should send the CC codes out the midi port... (anyone wants to take a chance and try it.... PM me... I'm not using the CX3 or the DB3 anymore... I gave up and went Hammond).. IF the viscount module would do it... it would give you drawbars AND another organ layer.

Reaction score
Hey everyone,

I'm six years late, but in case there are any musicians out there trying to find a solution for the organ drawbars on the Korg Kronos, I have a solution for you. I have programmed 19 System Exclusive Control Maps that work for the Roland A-Pro Series (300, 500, 800). If you already have one of these controllers, message me and I'll send you all the codes. If you don't have this controller, I have the entire bundle for sale on my Reverb shop:

https://reverb.com/shop/philips-boutique-8

Sysex files can only be sent via a 5-pin MIDI cable, which means using a USB cable is a no-go. The price fluctuates depending on how cheap I can acquire these A-Pros. Power adapter and Midi cable is included!

Here is a video on how it all works:

Again, I am more than happy to share any codes, but if you want all of this functionality in one purchase, this is your shop stop. The Roland A-800 is a great controller for your Kronos. It's lightweight and can withstand a beating.

All the codes look something like this:
F0 42 30 68 43 1C 0B 00 04 00 00 00 DT F7

Please let me know if there are other Midi Controllers with 61-keys that can transmit 7bit sysex codes. The Novation SL controllers can, but I couldn't figure out the software.
If at any point my shop has no inventory, please contact me, as I possibly have more on the way. Thank you!
Hi
i know this is quite an old post but would be greatful if you could send me the sysx info. I use a Kronos2 88 which obviously isn’t great for playing gliss, etc on so have an a800 pro for that. Its only just come to a point where I’m playing more rock organ stuff.
many thanks

Reaction score
Hi
i know this is quite an old post but would be greatful if you could send me the sysx info. I use a Kronos2 88 which obviously isn’t great for playing gliss, etc on so have an a800 pro for that. Its only just come to a point where I’m playing more rock organ stuff.
many thanks
Hey there. Please try the download link in the description of the Youtube video in the first post of this thread.
It used to require permission to download but I think I fixed that so that anyone can download without trouble.

Ask a Question