Midi Controller Keyboard - help choosing!

Reaction score
Midi Controller Keyboard help needed please!

Hi all,

I'm looking for help choosing a new midi controller keyboard.

I need weighted (poss. semi-weighted) action, 88 keys and at least a couple of controller sliders/faders.

I know the M-Audio Oxygen is the obvious choice but it's expensive at £500+ and has lots of knobs that I really don't need. I actually generally only need pitch bend, mod, volume and expression.

The M-Audio Keystation is much cheaper at around £175 but only has one slider, and I need two minimum.

Another idea I had was to buy the Keystation (or similar) and the Novation Nocturn (or similar) for £69: http://www.novationmusic.com/product...roller/nocturn

Will this make things more complicated midi-wise? Or simpler because it's already setup for use with Logic?

Is there anything similar to the Nocturn that has faders rather than rotary controllers?

This is for studio use, but I am a pro keyboard player hence I need something with a good action and 88 keys.

Any help would be much appreciated

Jamie​

Reaction score
Hi Jamie

I know this is an old post, but I'm in the market for an 88 key midi controller and ran across this in a search.

The M-Audio Oxygen 88 is one of the boards I'm considering.

What did you end up going with? How did it work out for you?

Many thanks,
Kerry

Ask a Question