Midi dead, is that possible ?

Reaction score
Hello guys, I own a Novation Launchkey 49 which been using for couple years , however I’ve been moving from house to house in the past months and had my keyboard well safe packed not to be crushed or any tipe of pressure on it. However after I finally got my keyboard ready to use I notice it won’t get any electrical signal, usually the pads are flashing and the small screen turns on. Tried new cable also on multiple computers. Is there any solution to fix it or I can just trash it ?

SeaGtGruff

I meant to play that note!
Reaction score
Is it getting its power through either the MIDI or the USB connection, as opposed to a power adapter? If so, is it possible that the problem is with the cable? If you just moved, did you wind the cables up into a coil for packing purposes? Doing that can cause the wires inside the cables to break. Try using a different cable.

Alternately, is there some sort of sliding switch on the back of the keyboard that's used to select whether it gets power through the MIDI or USB cable versus a power adapter?

Reaction score
Is it getting its power through either the MIDI or the USB connection, as opposed to a power adapter? If so, is it possible that the problem is with the cable? If you just moved, did you wind the cables up into a coil for packing purposes? Doing that can cause the wires inside the cables to break. Try using a different cable.

Alternately, is there some sort of sliding switch on the back of the keyboard that's used to select whether it gets power through the MIDI or USB cable versus a power adapter?
No, didn’t protected the cable however I iust bought a new cable and seems dead.
Doesn’t have any power switch nor getting power from other source . The only cable it has is the one that connects to PC.

Reaction score
It happens that the internal USB power on the PC got into safety.
Just reset and try again
grtgs
mris

Reaction score
It happens that the internal USB power on the PC got into safety.
Just reset and try again
grtgs
mris
Elaborate more please, must add that I’ve connected the keys to my other laptop and same results, keyboard dead.

Reaction score
As indicated in the manual : (novation launch key 49)
connection : computer native USB (0,5A/ at 5 volt)
(no specification on the required voltage or current for the kb)
It mentions the use of a 9volt adaptor. ( did you'check this?)
In the same manual " Laptops are unable to supply this current"
No power !!!!! no MIDI !!!

Reaction score
Fixed! I had to open the keyboard to check if the midi cable usb input was fine and so, the little cables that connects to the “motherboard” were broken , to fix it I’ve ordered iron soldiering tool and new port.

Ask a Question