Midi files with sheet music

Reaction score
Hello, some weeks ago I started a thread with the title "Midi files with registrations". But actually I meant sheet music. And because I don't know how to change a thread, I start this one. So please excuse when I confused you. Hope there won't be only confused readers this time ;)

I have been searching for a long time to find midi-files with the proper sheet music. It is easy to find various midi files or sheet music but not in combination. When I have a look on the melody track in a midi sequencer, there always appears a notation unsuitable for a printout to play from. Does anybody know a source to purchase from this combination or how to correct the output of the midi sequencer automated?
My aim is to mute the "left hand" and the "right hand" of the midi file and to play them myself with my keyboard.

Reaction score
:DHi Seele, There is a very good computer program called "NOTATION" it not only plays General midi files but Notation Musician lets you see on a computer screen the music notation for each part (midi channel) of the arrangement it also lets you transform this into piano score or melody+chords or solo part or if you are lucky to work with a drummer even a full drum score!. Whatever is in the midi file you can see and print out in full score or just the parts required.
Notation Composer is a little more money but it allows you to edit the parts and even record input from a midi keyboard like a sequencer but with the music notes on the screen! and if you have made a mistake you can use the computer to correct it. You can also save the new modified file as a new midi file less the parts you wish to play yourself either to floppy disc or usb memory stick depending on what you want.
I use it to get the printed music for song no longer in print but someone has made a midi file, there are as you know many thousands of midi files on the web and some of the free on's are good but there are many good commercial files also check out Germany for them on the web.
Regards and Good luck and keep the music playing!!!!!! LOL.

John.:D
PS. there if a free version that just prints the score.and also demo version for you to try out before you buy.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Thanks for your replies. I installed the software " Notation Musician" but it isn't able to show me a good sheet music. My problem is not how to use a midi sequencer for printing out different parts. This works good for me with own recordings or free available midi files. The commercial files have a melody voice, which isn't like on the paper. I have some midi files with sheet music and the result from the sequencer looks very bad. It would take a lot of time to correct the notes and rests (if you know how to correct them so it sounds right). For me it's unbelievable that all the midi files you can by don't come with sheet music and you are not able to create your own out of the files. So for me they are useless because I need something to play from. By the way I asked Yamaha if I can get sheet music for their midi files but due to legal issues it isn't possible. My search for a program to give a good sheet ended with no result. I am not even shure, whether the producers of commercial midi files use the same algorithm for all the files or if just a human played the melody part. But I think it is the wrong place to discuss that here because you are not allowed to modify the content of these files. So I will stick to the very rare notes with midi disks.:(

Reaction score
Thanks for your replies.

For me it's unbelievable that all the midi files you can by don't come with sheet music and you are not able to create your own out of the files.
So I will stick to the very rare notes with midi disks.:(

Such things you can find on the link I told you. You have even the right and left hand on diffrent channels.

Ask a Question