MIDI Foot Control of DS61

Reaction score
Can I swicth patches on my DS61 using a foot controller like the Behringer FCB1010? I'm able to do this with my 15 yr old Yamaha S03's, where one press of a pedal switch changed patches on both keyboards. I would hope that my new Roland would be able to do the same thing.

Oogie Wa Wa

Nate, bass and keys for The Feds Band
Reaction score
Yes, sorta. If you look at the Control Pedal options, three pairs of the choices are Performance Up and Performance Down (PROG), plus the same for Patches and Favorites. Where you can have it either advance from one User P/Performance/F to the one that is next numerically.

However, it's a system setting, so it will only go UP or DOWN repeatedly, so you only get one shot at it. Or any number of sequential Patches/Performances/Favorites for that matter. If you need to toggle them you could make multiple USER copies in alternating order I suppose.

EDIT: Of course you also give up the use of the pedal for any other function unless you cange the System setting. So you can't use it for Expression or Leslie speed or anything. The HOLD pedal/jack still does it's thing. But it does only take a few seconds to change System settings.

1657397828083.png

Reaction score
FCB1010 can send MIDI Program Changes, so it can switch patches on the Roland. For changing patches on two boards simultaneously, there are a number of possibilities. I don't know if it can do it the same way the S03 does, because I don't know how the S03 does it. But the DS is not the strongest in its MIDI master controller capabilities. Similar low-to-moderately priced 61-key boards that are better suited for also sending patch changes to another board would include Korg Kross/Krome, Roland FA-06/Fantom-06, Yamaha MOXF6/MODX6.

Reaction score
FCB1010 can send MIDI Program Changes, so it can switch patches on the Roland. For changing patches on two boards simultaneously, there are a number of possibilities. I don't know if it can do it the same way the S03 does, because I don't know how the S03 does it. But the DS is not the strongest in its MIDI master controller capabilities. Similar low-to-moderately priced 61-key boards that are better suited for also sending patch changes to another board would include Korg Kross/Krome, Roland FA-06/Fantom-06, Yamaha MOXF6/MODX6.
Thanks. I'll try using the foot controller rather than using the DS as a master controller. Worst case, I can set up my Favorites in set order for live use.

Ask a Question