Midi help please

Reaction score
I'm trying to midi my Kawai K3 synth into my Korg SG-1D 88 key sampling grand piano. The keyboards are from 1986 and 1987 respectively. They both have midi out, midi through and midi in. I can't get it to work....PLEASE help. Also can anyone suggest publications, websites to learn about midi?

SeaGtGruff

I meant to play that note!
Reaction score
You could also visit the MIDI Association's website-- www.midi.org-- where you can join for free, download the official MIDI specifications, and post questions in their forum.

But if you're trying to get a layperson's understanding of how to use MIDI devices and apps, rather than a more technical understanding of MIDI messages, then you might want to look for the following book:

Reaction score
Reaction score
I'm trying to midi my Kawai K3 synth into my Korg SG-1D 88 key sampling grand piano. The keyboards are from 1986 and 1987 respectively. They both have midi out, midi through and midi in. I can't get it to work....PLEASE help.
If you're trying to play your K3 sounds from your SG-1D keys, the first thing to try is run a cable from Korg MIDI OUT to Kawai MIDI IN. Often, that's all you need to do for that kind of thing. (Similarly, if you wanted to play the Korg sounds from your Kawai's keys, you'd run a cable from the Kawai's MIDI OUT to the Korg's MIDI IN.)

Ask a Question