Midi hookup question

Reaction score
I have a Korg Trinity rack (TR) and a Korg Krome 61. I also have bought a new Alesis Q88. I want to play both the TR and the Krome midied thru the Alesis if possible? The Q88 only has a midi out plug. What can I do? Is it possible? In other words I want to be able to have 88 keys for my Krome and midi the strings, aahs, or what have you to be played together with the krome on the Q88. Thx. This kinda stuff is new to a Fender Rhodes and B-3 player. I'm a dinosaur when it comes to midi.

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
Just buy two MIDI cables and daisy chain the units.

Q88 (MIDI OUT) >>>----Korg Krome (MIDI IN)

and

Korg Krome (MIDI OUT) >>>----Korg TR (MIDI IN)

Then just assign each channel on each device depending on which one you want to play.

For instance, assign the left split on the Q88 to play bass on the Korg TR on Channel 1 and assign the right split on the Q88 to output Channel 2 to the Krome to play whatever lead you want to play.

Easy peasy. As long as the receiving device and the transmitting device are set to the same channel you're good to go.

Gary ;)

Ask a Question