midi leads

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
What you require is a USB/MIDI adaptor, typically selling anywhere $5 and $40 depending on which one you choose.

https://www.amazon.com/s?ie=UTF8&fi...&sourceid=Mozilla-search&tag=wwwcanoniccom-20

Typically they all function the same so it's not generally worth spending more than $5 on one however the cheap chinese $5 units do tend to suffer a lot of infant mortality which can prove frustrating at times.

Gary ;)

Reaction score
gentlemen thank you for your fast replies.....still no joy !! the underside of the el90 has phono connections (not din) these i am familiar with on my tyros 5
does anyone if i can connect a phono to a 5pin din and go backwards almost,will i get midi and will there be a need for some software

again many thanks

andy

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
I'm at a loss. Page 108 of the manual clearly states that all you require is standard MIDI cables.

http://download.yamaha.com/search/p...ry_id2=16423&category_id3=&product_id=1439260

However nowhere in that crappy manual can I find the location of those MIDI ports.

My advice would be to contact Yamaha directly and ask them what the heck is going on.

They may be hidden away internally somewhere where you'd have to remove an access panel or something.

Frankly there's no way in hell a simple 2 pin RCA jack could act as a fully functional 5 pin MIDI DIN port.

Gary ;)

Ask a Question