MIDI module w/best classic E.P and Clavinet?

Reaction score
Hey all...

New to the group. Figured this would be the place to ask for opinions.

I'm primarily an organist, but I need some classic Wurlitzer, Rhodes and Clavinet samples. As well as acoustic piano.
I'm looking at the Alesis nanopiano, as it seems to have everything I need. Is there anything else I should look at? I want good quality sounding samples, not cheeze.

Reaction score
+1 on the motif ES module.

I would also look at the Nord Electro 2 rack. The acoustic piano is the weak link of the NE2 rack but still miles better than the Nanopiano. You can also load some (but not all) other sounds from the Nord library into it as well. If you think the nanopiano's sounds are good then the Motif and the NE2 options will sound great.

Reaction score
Just a side input to this topic; you can choose *almost* any module and find very good patches/samples for it. I have several brilliant acoustic piano samples (as well as digital/ep samples) for my Korg TR Rack that I like better than the patches in my Motif Rack. If you find a module you like at an attractive price, buy it and visit the internet forum for that module to download the voices you want.

I do realize this isn't a 'simple' way to approach it; but it works.

:cool:

Reaction score
Let's get some clarification between loading new programs that use existing samples and loading new samples. The NE2 provides you the ability to load improved samples, as well as the ability to load new programs that use existing samples. Take the JV880 as an example, you could go to a roland user group internet forum and get new programs but you can't load new samples into the jv880. Just wanted to clarify your statement as "almost" means 'most of the time' but in reality most racks do not allow you to load new samples. I want to be sure the OP understands the difference.

Reaction score
Since gettng a Roland Integra 7 module, it has replaced my Electro 3 and Motif XS as sources for EP, clav and AP. It is not cheap, though.

Regards,
Gord

Ask a Question