MIDI port, style import guide

Reaction score
I have a Roland E-X20 and I want a 7 beat style, but there's none inbuilt. So i want to add a 7 beat style to it. Can MIDI help in it? If yes, I'll need a good guide cuz I have no idea about MIDI, If not some other method?

Reaction score
Here is the midi port pic

Attachments

• Screenshot_2022-09-25-17-22-22-35.jpg
    Screenshot_2022-09-25-17-22-22-35.jpg
    7.5 KB · Views: 5

SeaGtGruff

I meant to play that note!
Reaction score
I don't see anything on Roland's site, or in the E-X20's manual, which suggests that you can load and use any external style files, so you would presumably need to use an external app to play MIDI files on your computer or tablet and transmit the MIDI events to your keyboard. You would need to use the app to select which file you want to play and to control the playback as far things like muting or unmuting channels, switching between the various portions of the style, etc.

Reaction score
I don't see anything on Roland's site, or in the E-X20's manual, which suggests that you can load and use any external style files, so you would presumably need to use an external app to play MIDI files on your computer or tablet and transmit the MIDI events to your keyboard. You would need to use the app to select which file you want to play and to control the playback as far things like muting or unmuting channels, switching between the various portions of the style, etc.
any specific apps you can suggest?

SeaGtGruff

I meant to play that note!
Reaction score
Not any particular tablet apps, as I'm not up-to-speed on what's currently available.

But if you're connecting to a computer rather than a tablet, there are DAWs ("digital audio workstations," or software for recording and editing audio and MIDI music) which can play back MIDI to your keyboard, and some of them can be used with "pad controllers" to trigger different loops in your DAW. In particular, three DAWs that I know can work with pad controllers that way are Ableton Live, Acoustica Mixcraft, and Bitwig Studio.

Ask a Question