Midi question

Reaction score
If I’ve asked this before I apologize…..
I’m trying to use my Korg PA600 as the master and the AKX10 as a slave and I am just wanting the Medeli to respond to just “note on” information from the Korg. The Korg allows me several MIDI transmit options but I can’t find pitch control so whatever pitch the Korg is set on is transmitted to the Medeli. This isn’t what I need on several songs so I am trying to block the pitch with Medeli.
I can see how to set up different MIDI channels with the Medeli but what about more advanced functions like preventing program and pitch change?
Hopefully it’s not a function in Grand Suite!
Thanks for the support..
Scott

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
Are you talking about alternate tunings? Or tracking the pitch wheel?

Note info transmitted by midi includes note on/off and note pitch info.

It sounds like it is working properly.

Gary ;)

SeaGtGruff

I meant to play that note!
Reaction score
If you're talking about "tuning" information that transposes the notes you play into some other musical key, you may or may not be out of luck.

Some keyboards process any octave- and pitch-shifting settings internally before they generate the sounds and transmit the MIDI, such that when you play a specific key-- e.g., Middle C-- it will be sounded as transmitted as some other note-- e.g., the B flat above Middle C. Those keyboards generally don't even transmit transposition information via MIDI.

Other keyboards may have more sophisticated options for different kinds of transposition settings, such as for transposing notes which are played back from MIDI songs, or transposing notes which are received from other MIDI devices. I don't know how those keyboards handle transposed notes which are being played manually, but I wouldn't be surprised if they also transmit the transposed notes rather than the played notes, as above.

Ask a Question