Midi Solutions "footswitch controller" problem

Reaction score
Ive been using this for years to work my Roland VK 8M Leslie effect on this Organ module (Midied out of many keyboards)
Now Im using it with my Nord Electro 5 but sometimes out of the Nord, the Footswitch controller doesnt recognize the Nord
& sometimes it does and works great any suggestions ????????????

Attachments

• 4af433775f14f0786bbf4f10d5088b49.image.500x500.jpg
    4af433775f14f0786bbf4f10d5088b49.image.500x500.jpg
    21.6 KB · Views: 149
  • vk8m_main.jpg
    vk8m_main.jpg
    31.8 KB · Views: 175

SeaGtGruff

I meant to play that note!
Reaction score
The first thing that comes to mind is that maybe it's the MIDI channel that the Nord is using. Have you monitored the MIDI to see if you can notice a difference between when it works and when it doesn't?

Reaction score
Yes Nords midi set up is quite strait forward theyre both on the same midi channel
Im wondering if the box is getting old?

Reaction score
It probably is the bootup sequence, meaning connect everything and power on the footswitch controller before turning on the Nord. It works sometimes because it might get the power and make the connection after the nord has been fully booted, in other cases it might try and fail to make the connection because the nord isn't fully booted. They might be within milliseconds of each other other which would explain the 'sometimes' it connects. Experiment. And go both ways, nord first then connect the unit, then try connecting the unit (with power) and then fire up the nord.

Reaction score
I hope your right I’ll give it a shot
These controllers aren’t cheap
$150 CAD
It probably is the bootup sequence, meaning connect everything and power on the footswitch controller before turning on the Nord. It works sometimes because it might get the power and make the connection after the nord has been fully booted, in other cases it might try and fail to make the connection because the nord isn't fully booted. They might be within milliseconds of each other other which would explain the 'sometimes' it connects. Experiment. And go both ways, nord first then connect the unit, then try connecting the unit (with power) and then fire up the nord.
I want to thank you for your suggestions it worked I first turn on Nord then I plug midi box in it works thanx DD

Ask a Question