Midi

Reaction score
How do I use a tascam neo 2488 as a master and Yamaha motif 6 as a slave(midi to midi )
Need instructions on settings on mo 6

SeaGtGruff

I meant to play that note!
Reaction score
Just to be sure we're looking at the correct manual, is it the Motif 6 or the MO 6?

Reaction score
Whether it's Motif 6 or MO 6, there is a setting for whether to use the standard 5-pin MIDI jack or the USB connection for your MIDI connections. SInce you're going MIDI to MIDI, choose the former. Connect MIDI OUT of the Tascam to MIDI IN of the Yamaha.

SeaGtGruff

Reaction score
I'm not sure I understand what you're trying to do.

As I understand it, the Tascam 2488neo is a recorder, so are you trying to record the Motif's MIDI output, or trying to play back MIDI tracks on the Tascam and sequence them to the Motif?

I know you said Tascam=Master and Motif=Slave, which means sequencing to the Motif, but I'd like to be certain.

Reaction score
When you connect the tascam as a master and motif as a slave I need to place tascam on record this automatically triggering the motif so what’s been sequenced in the motif can be recorded on the tascam by assigned tracks allowing muting on some motif tracks because you can only record 8 tracks at a time. So after first 8 tracks are recorded then mute those and in mute tracks 9-16. The motif should be triggered each time you start the tascam over again but it’s not something I’m not doing thank you

Reaction score
With all due respect William, I have to agree with Don (b3maniac). I seriously doubt the we have any members here who have ever used the Tascam Neo 2488, let alone connect it to a Motif and use it in a manner in which you are trying to do. To add to SeaGtGruff's question, is it a Motif XS 6 or a Motif XF 6. There is a lot of difference between those two models, so you need to specify which. As Don suggested, you would most likely get your question answered more quickly, more accurately, and more completely by Tascam support, or at least by the Motif guru's over at Motifator.com.

Reaction score
With all due respect William, I have to agree with Don (b3maniac). I seriously doubt the we have any members here who have ever used the Tascam Neo 2488, let alone connect it to a Motif and use it in a manner in which you are trying to do. To add to SeaGtGruff's question, is it a Motif XS 6 or a Motif XF 6. There is a lot of difference between those two models, so you need to specify which. As Don suggested, you would most likely get your question answered more quickly, more accurately, and more completely by Tascam support, or at least by the Motif guru's over at Motifator.com.

thanks for all of your help but I got it figured out I’ve done it befor there was a step that I was missing but now I’m using the neo as a controllermotif and another tascam as slavesthanks guys

SeaGtGruff

Reaction score
If you don't mind my saying so, it doesn't sound like a trivial thing to do, so if you'd done it before and figured out what step you were overlooking this time around, it might be helpful to other readers if you were to post step-by-step instructions, or if writing isn't your thing then a short video might be better. :)

Ask a Question