Missing Voice - what DO you think?

Reaction score
Casio CT-X3000

I am new to music; and a keyboard beginner.
So forgive me if this question has been asked already.

But wouldn't it be great if the irish uilleann bagpipes was a voice on the digital keyboard.
If this already exists, I would greatly appreciate anyone pointing me to where I can upload this.

If it does not exist, then I feel it is a great missed marketing opportunity, and a loss to the music world!
With all the 100's of voices (from around the world) which are available on digital keyboards, I feel this is a MUST for anyone wishing to play Irish tunes.

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
You WANT Digital Bagpipes???!!!

YOU GOT DIGITAL BAGPIPES!!!!!

:D :D :D

But seriously, any simulation of any instrument is only going to be able to reproduce notes and intonations that will be limited by the interface you are playing on.

As you can see, there's an app for an iPhone that you just plug your keyboard into and INSTANT BAGPIPES.

Or, if you're a purist there's a MIDI controller doohickey that will do the talking to the computer for you.

Don't assume something doesn't already exist simply because you've never seen one.

The GOOGLY-YOUTUBE machine is literally a genie in a bottle. Ask it any question and it MUST answer!!!

:D :D :D

Gary ;)

(EDIT) >>> I think this one belongs in the weird and wonderful thread. :D

Last edited:

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
Here's a couple of virtual instruments that you can run on any computer and use your Casio as the controller.

Gary ;)

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
BTW, What's the difference between a Bagpipe and an Onion?
A: NOBODY cries when you cut up a Bagpipe!!! :D :D :D

Gary ;)

Reaction score
I am not sure if you can add instrument sounds into your keyboard.

By connecting your keyboard to a Computer or an iPad you can use an App such as those Gary shows in his posts to produce your desired uilleann pipe sounds.

Getting the Style play to function whilst using external devices may not be possible in your keyboard and I suggest you check this out before buying anything.

To add a specific instrument voice to a keyboard in particular an Arranger a set of multi samples may be needed and these are then loaded via a specific routine into the keyboard memory, this can be a time consuming and laborious process. The link shows one such sample that is available

In Arranger keyboards like Korg’s PA 700/1000/4x or Yamaha’s SX/Genos it is possible to add additional instrument sounds into these keyboards but these do cost considerably more than what Casio currently produces.

In these keyboards a pre-made sample or Registration for the required instrument is available and this will take all of 10s to load into user memory within the keyboard.

Reaction score
wow ... thanks to everyone who replied ...
what a great bunch of guys!!

I have so much to learn - it's an Aladdin's cave of information.
I consider myself truly fortunate to have discovered music at my time of life ... what have I been missing for all those years!

It just keeps getting "better and better".
I am dedicated to reading music via an app, and truly enjoy every minute.

Keep safe, my friends ...
Geoff

Reaction score
Gary,
The Celtic ERA software is truly fantastic.
Beautiful sounds.

As you described, I see it has a very friendly interface; and comes complete with Engine 2 player, so nothing else to buy.
It will just connect directly to my Casio CT-X3000.
Having done that, will the sound come from my Casio or the computer speaker?

The issue is, it is very expensive at £229 ($393).
I am not saying it is "not worth it" ... it's just that I will have to save up for this beauty ... sigh.

Bagpipes and an onion ... lol
I know what you mean about bagpipes, but for me, the Uillean Pipes are totally different to the Highland Pipes.
Or perhaps you did mean all pipes ... oh my.

My wife and I have very fond memories of visiting Ireland. In particular Dublin's Temple Bar. Where a female step dancer was dancing to Uillean Pipes and fiddle in a bar. The whole atmosphere was electric. I will never forget it.

Incidentally, you live in a beautiful part of the world.
My son married a Canadian girl. They live in Vancouver and have a small child.

Keep safe, Gary
your pal in the UK,
Geoff

Last edited:
Reaction score
Geoff

I would not be to quick to run out and buy more kit, you have a lot on your plate learning from your App and any books that you may have.

Not sure what App you are using but I think Casio keyboards currently come with Cordana or at least a free trial period using it.

If you have an iPad then a Camera Connection Adaptor should connect up to your Casio and you can use iPad Apps to provide the instrument sounds you seek. The Apps will only be a few £ and whilst not as good as Gary’s suggestions they will get you going on this route far cheaper.

BTW, you live in a great part of England.

Stay safe.

Reaction score
Afternoon Biggles,
thanks for the advice ...
sounds like an option to consider, but I'm afraid I don't have any Apple stuff ... I'm completely android and windows.
Would I get similar apps on Play Store do you think?

Even so, I would not know what to search for.

Goodness, these Celtic instrument voices have really got to me.
I might have to go to the docs for a patch or something ... ha

Keep Safe,
Geoff

Reaction score
I know what you mean about the pipes, my DNA says I am 20% Irish so they are in my DNA for sure.

There are Android uilleann pipe apps in the Play Store but as I know zilch about Android devices I cannot offer any advice on if they will interface with your Casio.

Ask a Question