Mk 5 Pedal Assembly Cable Question

Reaction score
I have a Kurzweil Mk5 that had a broken pedal assembly. I purchased a replacement pedal assembly (knowing that I would have to drill some new holes since this new assembly isn't exactly the same shape). What I wasn't expecting was the wiring to be completely different. The Mk5 pedal cable ends with wires that run directly to 3 small circuit boards (one for each pedal), and apparently the Mk6/8/10/12 all have a single circuit board that runs along the length of the pedal assembly with a connector at one end.

Based on the existing (broken) pedal assembly, I can tell that the the white wire belongs to the left pedal, yellow is middle, and red is the right pedal. Also, looking at the circuit board of the replacement pedal assembly, the left/middle/right pedals appear to be connected to the 3rd, 4th, and 5th pins of the connector respectively.

Unfortunately, the connector has 7 pins, and I need to figure out which pin to connect the black (neutral) wire to, and whether I should be using jumpers or not to bridge the remaining pins.

I don't mind doing some soldering to make the connections myself, or if someone knows where I might be able to get a new pedal cable that would be compatible. Just about everything for this 32-year-old piano seems to be out of stock or no longer available anywhere.

If my descriptions above aren't clear, I can upload some images. Thanks in advance for any help.

Reaction score
I find it entertaining that I cannot register on the ksetlist website because it doesn't recognize the Mark5 as a valid Kurzweil model (registration asks for "model of your keyboard" to try to weed out automated spammer accounts)

Ask a Question