MM6 Keyboard: Screen & Touch Sensitivity Issue

Reaction score
I bought a Yamaha MM6 back in 2009 and I play if on and off. It had the screen issue at first which didnt really bother me but recently the keys started acting up too. Is this repairable?

1. Screen was divided into 2; sometimes half the screen starts to act up and gets vertical lines and then becomes normal.
2. Dead spot on the right side of the screen.

Screen.JPG

3. The keys marked with "X" and the black keys with "arrows" are not responding to touch sensitivity settings. Note: It started with one key then eventually spread. So far rest of the keys play normally. Notice how its all Gs and C#s and one C.

Keys.JPG

Now its not under warranty or anything, is there any way to fix these issues, at least the touch sensitivity settings issue? Its really annoying me. I can't play anything because of this.

Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Reaction score
All of that could be the intrusion of some fine dust. The display being intermittent suggests a contact issue, and I agree with Gary that the keyswitches may need cleaning.

Reaction score
Can someone please advise about the issue with the keys on the MM6. Since its the same note through out the keys, its likely a IC issue.

Can I get the spare parts from somewhere to replace the IC, I got a third party repair guy to check it out since its warranty was over, he said it'll need to be repaired and finding spares wont be easy.

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
Reaction score
The display has the problem in it liquid flow arrangements and can't correct it coz there is no issues to repair LCD panels by your local repair men. So u can find the exact model of your LCD panel and replace it with a new one . You can purchase it from your Yamaha dealer or from eBay very easily.

The second problem u have mentioned here is a problem in its electronic circuit board which supply electric pulse to the keys with the touch response functikn. You can clearly see the problem is only caused to C# and G keys. So don't try to clean the key board buttons cause it's use less. Better to contact a technician who is specialized in electronic keyboard repairing. Good luck

Ask a Question