MO8 question - Harp Glissandi

Reaction score
I frequently cover harp parts on the MO8

So far with my limited knowledge of the workings of this workstation, I have had to tell the conductor that I am limited to White Key or Black Key glissandi.

I know there must be a way to program into the MO8 a realistic Harp Glissando that can actually follow the pedal markings of the Harp Part.

Please advise!

-J

Reaction score
By transposing the whole keyboard you can have all the major, dorian, phrygian, lydian, mixolydian, minor and locrian scale glissandos and use only the white keys. If you check beforehand what scales you will need for a particular peace of music, you can create a line of patches (voices or performances) that follows the music. Every time you need a diffirent kind of glissando, just change the patch and you will have the same harp sound with a different transposition.

I suppose you should be able to "tune" the keyboard note by note as well. That way you are able to create the exact scales needed and actually follow the pedal markings of the Harp Part. How to do that with MO8 - I'm not sure! But it should be simple enough and found in the manual.

Remember that when you have created a line a patches, you can have a switch pedal to change them as the music progresses.

Ask a Question