modifying sounds on yamaha dgx-200

Reaction score
Hello,

I have had a yamaha dgx-200 for a long while now. I pretty much got one when they came out and I like it for what I need. I'm just not really ready to go out and buy a new keyboard just yet. What I am wondering is if there is anyway to load some different sounds on it, because honestly the piano sound could be a little better, it's missing a good Fender Rhodes sound and some good organ sounds. I can get some sounds I'm just wondering if there's a way to load them onto it via the MIDI connections.

Reaction score
You can MIDI a sound module to get sounds but I think DGX uses USB MIDI port so sounds will half to come from soft synths from ur PC or laptop.

Reaction score
I'm aware that I can do that. The big problems with that is running instruments through a software synth on computers creates some delay. I have tried in the past and it's created a lot of delay. I guess my more specific question is I know you can load songs onto the instrument through the midi ports on the back. I'm wondering if the same thing can be done to load sounds into the soundbank on the keyboard. I know yamaha probably won't tell me how to.

Reaction score
I'm aware that I can do that. The big problems with that is running instruments through a software synth on computers creates some delay. I have tried in the past and it's created a lot of delay. I guess my more specific question is I know you can load songs onto the instrument through the midi ports on the back. I'm wondering if the same thing can be done to load sounds into the soundbank on the keyboard. I know yamaha probably won't tell me how to.

All the pre sets on the instrument are as is and no sounds can be added to it. I own the DGX 505.

You will need a real synth / workstation to do that.

Ask a Question