Modifying the Chick Corea Samples on MOXF8

Reaction score
I I have the Chick Corea Samples from the Yamaha Premium Collection and I'm trying add the equivalent of the Rhodes Tremolo effect but I can't find anything like Tremolo amongst the MOXF8 effects. can it be done?

best

Jeff Wells

SeaGtGruff

I meant to play that note!
Reaction score
I assume you want to add tremolo to the voices themselves, as opposed to adding tremolo to a song.

See page 6 of the MOXF6/MOXF8 Reference Manual:

LFO (Low Frequency Oscillator)
As its name suggests, the LFO produces a wave of a low frequency. These waves can be used to vary the pitch, filter or amplitude of each Element to create effects such as vibrato, wah and tremolo. LFO can be set independently for each Element; it can also be set globally for all Elements. LFO related parameters can be set in the LFO display (pages 33 and 45) of Voice Common Edit or Voice Element Edit.

For a more detailed description, see section "1-2-11 LFO (Low-Frequency Oscillator)" that begins on page 34 of the MOXF6/MOXF8 Synthesizer Parameter Manual.

If you would like to add tremolo to a song, see the section about "Song Job" that begins on page 87 of the MOXF6/MOXF8 Reference Manual, especially section "05: Create Continuous Data" on page 92.

Reaction score
I can't find anything like Tremolo amongst the MOXF8 effects. can it be done?
Yes it can. Check out the following:
http://download.yamaha.com/api/asset/file/?language=en&site=ae.yamaha.com&asset_id=60483
Page 97 and Page 101.

To understand how effects work on your MOXF, check out this:
https://jp.yamaha.com/files/download/other_assets/6/330236/moxf6moxf8_en_rm_a0.pdf
Page 35.

Looks somewhat complex but doable with a little reading and persistence - this is why I like Korgs... heheh.

Ask a Question