MODX7 touch pad problems

Reaction score
I've done two gigs outdoors with my MODX7 and experienced problems with the touch pad not responding. I'm wondering if anyone has had similar problems with this keyboard in warm weather. Also, both gigs were at the same venue, so it may possibly have been a voltage issue. Still not certain.

Reaction score
Welcome to the forums. I don't know that we have any members here with the MODX, but I use Yamaha gear and play outside quite a lot. Over the years I have played many outside gigs at ocean resort hotels and the only moisture problems I have experienced was when the road crew let it rain in my keys.......lol. However many venues with put an entire band with PA and lighting on one 20 amp circuit and expect that to work. If you aren't having this problem anywhere else, you are probably correct about the venue power. You should be very careful, as venue electrical problems can ruin electronics. I use a surge protector and uninterrupted power supply on my keyboards (which protects them from a voltage surge (or drop) causing me to have to reboot my boards). I only use a basic set-up which will either cause the surge protector to trip (surge), or the ups alarm to let me know there is low/no voltage on the circuit. You might Google for more info on touch pad problems. Good luck, Don aba B3maniac

Reaction score
Thanks for the reply Don, and for the warm welcome.
I did use a voltage regulator the second time I played at this venue (APC Line-R 1200VA automatic voltage regulator), but it happened again. The good news is, everything worked fine when I got home.

Reaction score
I did use a voltage regulator the second time I played at this venue (APC Line-R 1200VA automatic voltage regulator), but it happened again.
I think it is significant that you only had a problem at that specific venue. The APC unit you used has +/- 1% accuracy which I would think is adequate for most places. I use a Moxf8 and MOXF6 on 1 regulator and have not had a problem using them on 6 or 8 gigs. They don't have touch pads per sei but still have digital sensitivity for line voltages. Don

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
Touch screens use capacitive proximity sensing which can be messed up by high humidity. Was the air saturated with moisture when it failed?

It could be that simple.

Gary ;)

PS. >>> Personally, I'd rather have a flaky row of buttons than a wonky touchscreen any day. ;)

Reaction score
I just bought a new MODX7 a few months ago. I powered it up to check knobs, sliders, etc. and I noticed a problem with the master volume knob. It wiggled a little and would cut off the sound. Took it in for repair and just got it back 2-1/2 months later!! I powered it up and the volume works perfectly now!! But then I decided to change sounds and now the touch screen doesn't respond. It worked perfectly before I took it in to get the knob fixed. I press the utility button and the utility screen comes up....but you can't select anything on the screen....it doesn't respond to touch at all now!! I am not happy!! I am regretting buying a MODX....

Reaction score
THE PROBLEM WAS NOT THE DISPLAY!!!

I'm going through the same problem. I took it to technical assistance and was informed that the display would need to be replaced. As the budget was very high I decided to take it to an electronics technician I trusted and to my surprise...
Baaang!
THE PROBLEM WAS NOT THE DISPLAY!!!
The technician said the problem was 2 capacitors.

Ask a Question