Monitor or Combo

Reaction score
Hi,
I'm looking to buy a keyboard combo or active speaker. This will serve as my keyboard monitoring for rehearsals and gigs. I have a Nord Stage, so it needs to handle Piano/Organ/Synth sounds. I'd like to keep my budget to around £300, but if someone has a great sounding suggestion above that then I'd be prepared to stretch. I appreciate I need to give a few items a go, but testing in a shop won't be the same as your real-life experiences. Here are a few I've been looking at (with a few prices):
Behringer Eurolive F1220A = £150
Peavey KB4 Combo = £299
Roland KC150 Combo = £299
Yamaha StagePas 150M = £299
Mackie SRM 350 V2 = £349
Look forward to reading your comments.

Reaction score
I use a Roland KC-150 as well with my Nord Stage, and I'm quite happy with it. I tried out the Peavey amp you mentioned as well when I was buying my KC-150, and its low-to-mid range sounded a fair bit muddier than the Roland.

Reaction score
I´ve been looking at the Behringer too but everone I´ve talked to give me the advice to not buy Behringer. I talked to a guy in a musicstore yesterday and he said that they just quit selling behringer because there are so much stuff coming back for waranty repairs. Anyone with that experience? Yesterday I bought a Fender KXR -100. I havent heard it yet, bought it on the net. It´s a mid 90´s fullrange and it get a lot of good reviews at Harmony Central.

Reaction score
Thanks for your help. I went with the Yamaha Stagepas 250M in the end. I agree the Peavey were lacking in certain places and they weighed a tonne!

Ask a Question