Motif ES7 is changing patches by itself

Reaction score
Hello I just purchased a used ES7 and when I power it up and choose a patch it just starts to change to different patches. I saw on an old thread about the power issue so I plugged it into an APC power supply and it still did the same thing. I checked to see if any buttons were stuck and they were all fine. PLEASE are there any other suggestions I can try? Thanks in advance for your help.

Ad

Advertisements

Reaction score
I have an ES myself and never had this problem, but it certainly sounds to me to be a shorted switch. We had a similar post last year and one of our members ,Delaware Dave, offered this:
" Check to ensure your buttons or wheel are stuck. If you have a semi-stuck program buttons/wheels it will act as if it is being held down and continue to change programs even when you let go. You might want to vigorously spin the wheels and continuously push the buttons to see if if will free them up and then see if your issue stops. "

Reaction score
I have an ES myself and never had this problem, but it certainly sounds to me to be a shorted switch. We had a similar post last year and one of our members ,Delaware Dave, offered this:
I saw that post and I went through each button and the wheels to no avail. Thanks for your response.

Ad

Advertisements

Ask a Question