"Motion Suite - the Ebb, the Flow, and the Funk"

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
Yo Ron!

I'm about 16 minutes thru listening to it now. I guess what you're going for is ambient style fusion suitable for a relaxation tape or meditation music.

Now I see it's picking up the pace a bit more 17 minutes in.

Personally I'd have included a couple of livelier pieces earlier on to break up the monotony and keep the listener more entertained and awake.

Then again, it's nicely executed overall though I would have broken it up into individual cuts and saved it as a set on soundcloud rather than a single, epic 25 minute piece. To my mind, each of the individual segues deserves its own name ;)

I enjoyed it very much though. I liked the way it picked up thru the end.

Gary

PS. >> I just gave a listen to Frantic Fantasy and Here Goes Willie. Really nice stuff. You're very prolific. Do you have a paid account on Soundcloud or the basic cheapo freebie like I have? :)

Reaction score
Gary,

Actually, I was specifically going for a very 'organic' use of the motion synth patches I have in my TR Rack. The four segments that share the musical phrase were all 'played' using different patches in each, where the other three segments began as MIDI sequences with an added 'live' track or two to finish them. I thought about uploading them as individual pieces (putting them together in a 'set'); but naming the four 'common' segments baffled me. :)

I have a 'paid' account at SoundCloud. Thirty bucks a year is cheap (IMHO, of course).

Thanks for the comments lad! :cool:

Ask a Question