MOX6 and similar others

Reaction score
It was a few months ago that I was introduced to the Yamaha MOX6, and I found myself adequately impressed with its abilities. I'll admit it was after that trip to the store and few browsings through keyboardforum that I learned what I'm after. I was hoping if I could learn from other users here if the Korg M50 and the Juno Di are similarly classed as the MOX6, and if so, how can a comparison be had amongst the three. I believe they cost around GBP850. If I'm wrong about the mentioned keyboards being in the same class, do correct me; I'd like to know.

I'm keen to know more about these keyboards (and others, if they're similarly priced and classed), and what I should look out for, and difficulties faced by other experienced users, and what a fresher (myself) must look for, be prepared with, gear up to, and the like.

So please do contribute to this thread!

Route909

Reaction score
As far as I understand it, the synths you've mentioned are all "mid range" products by their respective manufacturers. What you should look for really depends on what you want to use the synth for...
One point to remember, for the same price as these synths from a retailer, you could get a far more powerful second hand synth of eBay or the like.

In a nut shell this is what I tend to look for in order of priority:
Play it, do I like the sounds?
How editable is it? Upgradeable?
Build quality?
Customer support should something go wrong, or could I fix it myself?

I think if its your first and only synth, look for polyphone, multi-timbrality, user interface first, and then look at my list above maybe.

For £850 you could get a half decent Triton / Fantom off eBay which are both quite superior to the boards you've mentioned.

Ask a Question