Mox8 midi

Reaction score
I Imported a MIDI score into a slot in Song mode. Now I want to assign different voices to the different parts. Anyone know how to do that? Or know where I can reference it?
Thanks in advance.

Reaction score
I figured MOX8 in the title was enough.

Any idea on how to do that? I'm crawling all over that menu and I'm sure I'm stepping around it. But, can't seem to assign multiple voices to my midi.

Reaction score
Hey Y-Man! Thanks. Okay, that looks like it could be it. I'll check it out tonight. Thanks Again!

Reaction score
I think it has something to do with Mixing. I'm changing voices in the Song/Mix mode. That seems to be doing something. I don't see any step-by-step. So, just kinda winging it.

Reaction score
It looks like the way to assign 'instruments' or 'voices' to the midi tracks is through the song/pattern-mixing mode.
You have to go to the editing window then select the 'tracks' tap. Then start selecting voices for the separate tracks.

the trick is figuring out what goes where.

it's kinda hit or miss figuring out which is the drum, the bass etc. So, it takes a little while.
But, I did import and load my midi file and assigned drums bass guitar keys etc. It sounds great.

I also took a step further and created a template.

the only problem now is that whenever i play the song from the beginning it reverts to the unsaved template. Then I have to go back in and mix the template and song every time the song starts from the beginning.

Reaction score
Well last night was a long night at MOX8 school of the real.

I pulled down another manual, the Synth Parameters, the Facebook MOX people recommended. It wasn't that helpful. Plenty of descriptions of switches and things to control the unit. But, no explanation where these things are.

Then i found a block diagram on page 125 of the Ref Man that showed the midi file being loaded, going to pattern or song then an output going to the arp..called Put Track to Arp. So, I figured this is a way to save all my settings in one place that i could refer to while building a performance track or something. So, I 'Put the track to Arp". Now I can't find whatever it is that i saved. The Ref Man doesn't say where it is stored. So, I'm searching.

Whenever I start a midi track from the beginning it resets all the 'Voice Numbers' to 1. If I can figure out how to get the right voices under voice number 1 then it would theoretically not reset at the beginning of each song/pattern replay.

In the meantime, I go back to my midi patterns i downloaded and see about loading up the template. At least I know I have that saved and ready to call up.
Nope! I go to Mix the template of settings, it loads up fine. Then I play it and it's all garbled. i have no idea why. All the setting I saved are there. The midi file is there. but put together it's like all the instruments are playing all at once.

After finding this out this morning, I am starting to think about just skipping the midi/song/pattern routine and recreate my songs from scratch using the MOX voices and settings.

Reaction score
Found the Arp I 'created' in the song pattern. it's in the arp edit mode. I'll have to figure out how to play it now.

Reaction score
Okay, I have no solution to this issue in the MIDI input. So, I moved my sights over to the A/D input. DUh!

I just connected my laptop to the A/D input and it feeds straight three. Took me a second to get that but. Success!!

Okay, off to rock! Peace!

Ask a Question