MOXF6 erasing single notes or note range

Reaction score
I don't know if anyone else has one - my problem have figured out how to erase measures when editing but if I want to erase a single note like a cymbal crash on the drum track or a range of notes on another, haven't found a way. The Rolands I had were lots more intuitive and easy. Just simply press the key at the bottom and top of the note range in erase note mode and it's done. Finding myself having to erase a whole measure and then copy back in to get what I want.

SeaGtGruff

I meant to play that note!
Reaction score
I have no experience with the MOXF6, but I'm guessing that the best way to edit a track would be to connect the MOXF6 to a computer and use Cubase to edit the MIDI data. Are you using Cubase with it? I believe it should have come with a license code for Cubase AI.

Reaction score
Unfortunately I bought it used so that was missing, but I'll look into getting it. Thanks for the response. It should have that capability somewhere in the keyboard so I'll keep trying.

SeaGtGruff

I meant to play that note!
Reaction score
Well, I mentioned Cubase AI because the MOXF6 is sold (new) with a license for it, but you could always use a different DAW, and there are some free ones available-- e.g., PreSonus Studio One Prime, which is the free "lite" edition of Studio One. But if you think you might get "serious" about recording in a DAW with your MOXF6, you might consider Cubase because Steinberg is owned by Yamaha, hence Steinberg Cubase is designed to understand and work well with Yamaha's keyboards and synths. Also, these days a lot of DAWs don't handle SysEx messages. This generally doesn't apply to DAWs that have been around for many years, but-- surprisingly-- it does include PreSonus Studio One and Ableton Live, among others. So you can install the free Studio One Prime DAW to use, but eventually you might want to get Cubase. I have Cubase Elements, which is $99. I also have Studio One Prime and a number of other DAWs, most (but not all) of them free. Just about any DAW should be able to do what you're asking! :)

Ask a Question