mp3

Discussion in 'General Keyboard Discussion' started by ash, Oct 30, 2018.

1. ash

ash

-Hi im Ash, i own a yamaha E 453 keyboard and i tried saving a karaoke file to my usb pen, but then it wouldn't play through the keyboard, it was saved as an mp3. How do i get it to play please? I usually download midi files but these mp3 files sound so much better.

ash, Oct 30, 2018
    1. Advertisements

2. ash

SeaGtGruff I meant to play that note! Moderator

The PSR-E453 can't play MP3 files from a USB flash drive. If you want to play an MP3 or other audio file through the speakers of your PSR-E453, you'll need to either connect a phone or other device to your keyboard's AUX IN jack and play the MP3 file on the phone/etc., or connect a computer or other device to your keyboard's USB TO HOST port and play the MP3 file on the computer/etc. In the first case (AUX IN) there should be nothing else to select, just make sure the phone or other device (computer, laptop, tablet, iPod, etc.) is connected to the AUX IN jack using the appropriate audio cable. But in the second case (USB TO HOST) you'll need to make sure the computer or other device is set to transmit its audio over the USB connection-- the PSR-E453 should show up as an available audio output device, although it will be called "Digital Keyboard" or something like that-- and you might also need to make sure that you've installed the Yamaha-Steinberg USB driver on the computer so the computer and keyboard can send audio data back and forth to each other over the USB connection.

SeaGtGruff, Oct 31, 2018
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question