Mp3

Reaction score
Hi. I'm an electronics design engineer, and I'm amazed that I can't find any way. To make an mp3 for say my car playback from tyros 5 recordings onboard? I'm more at home on a circuit board than around the front lol if it can't be done. I find this bizzar ? am I getting dementia ". Or is it easy. ". Thank you

Reaction score
Welcome.

Yamaha are pretty good at looking at industry standard specifications, then doing their own thing.

Your Tyros does MP3 recording but I cannot see at what data rate it does it, suggest you look into this, the manual does say max song size of 300KB whatever that means.

Your car stereo may well have limits to what it can playback with probably an MP3 being recorded at a specific rate in a data range of 96-320 mbps.

A workaround would be to record to a PC or Mac and then process the audio file to suit.

I ripped my CD’s to MP3 at a data rate of 320mbps and they sound pretty good at that, not as good as a WAV or AIFF but it is as good as you get with an MP3.

Reaction score
Thank you sir. Very helpful. Why they couldn't just give an option to make your recordings to the USB stick beggers believe cheers

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
You could always record directly into a computer and generate an MP3 with 44.1 KHz sample rate and then put it on a USB stick.

Reaction score
Hi here is my set up. And computer is the way to go. Your right. Thank you
IMG20230427190645.jpg

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
This is my setup and I agree...

studio-23-20230108t153218-0010-jpg.3026

Why on earth do you have that gigantic mixing board? :)

Gary ;)

Reaction score
Lol I have 24 out 24 back from the digital zoom recording kit and use it with my friends band and usually run out of inputs so I have a smaller 12 out and return. It's great to have all the control

Reaction score
And the tyros 5,76 has multitrac and every conceivable effect known to man. Including loads of vocoder sounds. I bought a genos and found it pretty poor compared to the tyros 5.

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
And I like owning multiple keyboards because I can switch sounds in a song without any programming or menu diving. :)

I use a 12 track Mackie mixer fed into a Tascam 24 track SD recorder and a mac mini running Logic Pro X.

More than enough inputs for guests in my studio.

Gary ;)

Reaction score
Sounds great. I'm after a Yamaha PSR 6700. Awesome keyboard, as well as a nice controller keyboard 88.

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
My Kurzweil is getting on 12 or so years old now.

It's a pain when they reach puberty.

I have to open it up this summer and clean the connectors with Deoxit and do an overall general cleaning.

They're cheap, unplated phosphor bronze and tend to oxidize.

This winter the ribbon controller stopped working as well as the mod wheel.

The thing is a 54 lb brute and I have to create a work area in my apt. to work on it.

Gary ;)

Reaction score
Well iv had a lifetime repairing hi powered amps, mixers. And God knows what. I'm more at home inside than on the front lol. If you ever need electronics advice give us a shout.

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
Once I've cleaned it up I may turn around and sell it off.

Maybe get a Nautilus to replace it.

Gary ;)

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
Well iv had a lifetime repairing hi powered amps, mixers. And God knows what. I'm more at home inside than on the front lol. If you ever need electronics advice give us a shout.

Thanks for the offer.

This forum ca always use more techie help. :)

Reaction score
Always will give help , no worries. Also I'm looking at the nord stage 4. But frankly I think it's sounds are no different than the tyros 5. And it's hot no work station facility

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
I get worried these days with the complexity of the operating systems of some of these flagship keyboards.

These things literally take a fistful of minutes to boot up and I wonder where they will stand up a decade from now.

Rare these days for companies to provide update support for anything more than a few years.

Maybe just a decent stage piano, like the CK88.

Or maybe spring for a genuine Hammond. ;)

Gary ;)

Ask a Question