MPK mini Play editor .exe

Reaction score
Hey,

Does anyone have the .exe for the original MPK Mini Play editor (not the MK3)? There doesn't seem to be any way to download it anymore. The link on Akai's site goes to nothing, the MPK Software Manager tries to make me use the MK2 editor, which is not compatible.

I contacted Akai and after speaking to someone for a long time, 2 days later they sent me a link to the MK2 editor.

Hopefully a member has one and has the .exe that they can share.

Thanks,
Lee

SeaGtGruff

I meant to play that note!
Reaction score
If you are downloading from the link on the legacy product page, the link should work-- except Windows will try to prevent you from running the downloaded EXE file. I assume you're using Windows; is that correct? If so, which version? In Windows 11 I was able to click on the options for the download and tell Windows to "keep" the download even though it said the download wasn't secure. I actually had to tell Windows twice ("keep it anyway"). Then it changed the name of the downloaded file to the file's correct EXE name as shown in the link on the product page.

EDIT: And then you'll still need to open your Downloads folder, right-click on the downloaded EXE file, select Properties, and put a check in the Unblock box so Windows will let you run it. I just downloaded, installed, and ran the Editor in 64-bit Windows 11, although I don't have the controller and therefore can't test it. But it's version 1.0.2 of the Editor, which I think is for the original version of the keyboard, not the later MKII or current MKIII versions.

Last edited:
Reaction score
This worked perfectly. I was able to download it this time, it is the right version and functions correctly.

Thank you so much!

Ask a Question