Music & Ballet

Reaction score
My wife and I just saw a documentary on Rudolph Nureyev. He didn't begin learning ballet until he was 11. That got me to thinking if any professional musicians didn't start learning to play until later in life, maybe after they retired.

Reaction score
I do not know about after they retired but, he as a 13 year old was given as a birthday present his first guitar which he played a bit, then left it before taking it up a while later with some degree of interest and committment.

Everything worked out pretty well for tha young lad concerned went on to achieve a modest degree of success as Eric Clapton.

Reaction score
I do not know about after they retired but, he as a 13 year old was given as a birthday present his first guitar which he played a bit, then left it before taking it up a while later with some degree of interest and committment.

Everything worked out pretty well for tha young lad concerned went on to achieve a modest degree of success as Eric Clapton.
You could say that. He is among the greatest. Slow hand Clapton.

Ask a Question