Music Business

Reaction score
I grew up in the 60's.In the 70's I really started to make a living with all kinds of groups.There were a lot of places to play live with your band.But in the late 80s The club owners would ask you if you had a following and if you said you do. They would say great! Here's 150 tickets for you to sell off, if not bye-bye.So what I did was start playing solo in high class hotels and restaurants.I could sing and play over 300 standards and of course Top 40 tunes.I did that for 20 years and play all over the world .17 years in Europe ,8 years in Asia and many more Islands and countries.I was bless to have a great repertoire and I sang in 4 languages. French,Spanish,Swedish and English of course.Checkout my website: tomrivieremusic.com and then look me up on Youtube. I have a lot of more tunes i composed.Now a days I am retired.I truly love it not to go on the road anymore.I ride my 1100 Suzuki like a bat of hell and travel around Europe and go back to the states every year to see my daughters and grand children. The music business is like being the right place at the right time.You have to love what your doing not for fame..Oh! One more thing. Don't be married or have relationships.Too many fish in the sea or why buy a cow when you can have steak? Best of luck to you all.

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
Glad to know you. I'm no pro but I'm living out my childhood dream in my retirement twiddling with synths and enjoying making the music that kept me happy all those years.

And I agree, having a dependent on your tax return does not pay anywhere near what it costs to own and operate a family :D :D :D

Welcome to the forum...

Gary ;)

Reaction score
Oh those were the days
4B536C40-A5F0-413B-9EA2-FEB5E17B50DE.jpeg

But for touring Europe I used to use this, my Mrs used to fall asleep on the back, I always knew as she was headbutting my back with the helmet.
6D127D88-4152-4580-B0FB-3BEDA90F163C.jpeg

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
In Europe you have to tour on a motorcycle because half the roads and laneways are too small for anything else :D :D :D

Gary ;)

Reaction score
In Europe you have to tour on a motorcycle because half the roads and laneways are too small for anything else :D :D :D

Gary ;)
Exactly right Gary.

I blame the Sat Navs, the one on the Honda sent us on some pretty backwater roads in Germany.

That said Germany has its own transport oddities.

C7E083C4-00E3-4AD3-8577-EA43B15F2A8D.jpeg

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
We'd better hang on to a few horses.

If the green economy ever takes off we might be needing them... ;)

How to carry a grand piano on your bicycle :D :D :D

Gary ;)

Ask a Question