Music database in ya Maha e353

Reaction score
Hi all, noticed a page called "music database" on yamaha e353 manual showing only abbreviated names. Wonder if anyone has the list of full names, and even better the music scores for them:). Thanks a lot.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2018-04-28-07-51-22.jpg
    Screenshot_2018-04-28-07-51-22.jpg
    104.2 KB · Views: 1,470
Reaction score
Ralph

Those are not "abbreviated" names. They are "encrypted" names. The point is to give you an idea what song a particular style is intended for, or will work well with, without inviting infringement legal action from the song's original owner, by using its full name on a piece of publicly marketed hardware. All of the PSR/Tyros models, and the new Genos, that use a Music Finder Database, suffer from this, but all of the higher end models have databases that are user replaceable, so that users can substitute more understandable data (song names) of their own. There were a couple of manual translation lists in the "E Series" sub-forum over on the PSR Tutorial Forum for the PSR-E433 and E-443, but I don't remember ever seeing a list for any of the E-350 or E-360 model lines. Even if there were, they would be gone now, as a recent ill-handled server migration over there wiped out all of their forum thread data that was over 120 days old, so right now, their ongoing knowledge-base is pretty shallow - pretty much like starting over from scratch.

The typical solution to this is to find a forum that has a fair number of owners of that particular model, and starting a collaborative effort to devise a translation list. That is how they came up with the E-433 and E-443 lists over on PSR Tutorial. One or two individuals came up with the initial lists, and posted them, then other owners joined in to round them out.

Last edited:
Reaction score
All keyboards have this type of cryptic naming.

Its twofold, 1) to protect the manufacturer from falling foul of the differing copyright laws that exist in the import country 2) if they were to import a keyboard with say “smoke on the water” as a named track they they would have to pay import duty on that song and on all the other correctly named songs.

At least that is what the Rep of a keyboard manufacturer advised.

My local Korg supplied an update which overwrote the cryptics with the actual names, was that not a great action on the part of Korg UK?

Rayblewit

Love Music / Love Life
Reaction score
Reaction score
Here is the link, on this forum, to Goldi's file for the PSR-S650. It looks like it might be usable for most of the recent PSR-E models, or at least give you a good start at devising your own list for your specific model. It is an XLS file (Excel spreadsheet), so you will need Microsoft Office Excel or one of the Office alternatives (Apache Open Office, etc) to open it.

https://www.keyboardforums.com/attachments/s-650-mdb-zip.588/

Last edited:
Reaction score
Here is another file for PSR E453 you could use:
Thanks for contribution, I believe I could add a few suggestions into the list (needless to say, these are guesses based on the style and other hints provided by Yamaha):
- 15 GetHome - Get Back by Beatles
- 18 IWasBorn - Born to Be Alive by Patrick Hernandez
- 42 Cheerful - Happy by Pharell Williams
- 48 FreeHer - Let Her Go by Passenger
- 53 PrtyCrsh - Crash My Party by Luke Bryan
- 58 LifeStry - Story of My Life by One Direction
- 61 GreatDay - On Top of the World by Imagine Dragons
- 63 ChicoLtn - Mi Chico Latino by Geri Halliwell
- 65 Attempt - Try by Pink
- 70 Klaire - Clair by Gilbert O'Sullivan
- 72 WhatWant - I Want to Break Free by Queen
- 79 Alone - Alone by Bee Gees
- 88 WatchGrl - Music to Watch the Girls Go By by Andy Williams
- 102 FootFail - Oceans (Where Feet May Fail) by Hillsong United
- 103 MnyResns - 10,000 Reasons by Matt Redman
- 104 GreatGod - How Great is Our God by Chris Tomlin
- 106 AtonalFl - Eternal Flame by Bangles
- 110 Cherish - Cherish by Kool and the Gang
- 114 ToLoveMe - Love Me for a Reason by Boyzone
- 129 Beautifl - Beautiful by Christina Aguilera/You are so Beautiful by Joe Cocker
- 130 AllAlone - All by Myself by Eric Carmen
- 160 Diana's - Diana by Paul Anka
- 166 SndLter - Love Letters in the Sand by Pat Boone
- 180 RunFree - Young Hearts Run Free by Candy Staton
- 182 PhilySnd - TSOP (The Sound of Philadelphia) by M.F.S.B.
- 185 JoelLife - My Life by Billy Joel
- 190 BoomRoom - Boom Boom Boom Boom by Vengaboys
- 191 TheNavy - In the Navy by Village People
- 192 BluDaDee - Blue (Da Ba Dee) by Eiffel 65
- 193 NgtRythm - The Rhythm of the Night by Corona
- 292 Christms - Last Christmas by Wham!

SeaGtGruff

I meant to play that note!
Reaction score
Welcome to the forums, @Artq, and thank you very much for that list!

Some of those correspondences seem obvious, but others I would never have guessed based on their names. For instance, I would have guessed that "IWasBorn" might be "Born in the USA."

And some of those names seem like auditory puzzles, such as "AtonalFl" for "Eternal Flame." Talk about clever!

Ask a Question