Music Theory

Rayblewit

Love Music / Love Life
Reaction score
Taking music theory to the deepest depths . . Way too deep for me.
I would drown in the first bar.

To be honest Gary, I did not watch much of those vids. They would do my head in.

Ray . . At the shallow end.:D

Reaction score
This will twist your knuckles into knots :D

Gary ;)
You learn something every day ... sometimes several things - thanks. This is the mobius strip of progressions but there are several like that that seem to make you shift an octave without any intention of doing so. When I was a teen, our lead guitar said he was 'learning jazz': when asked what that meant he said "you move around a lo"' ... 'why' was a little too advanced. Zappa musician Ruth Underwood said she was always told to be heavy on the II - starting to make sense.

tjw

Reaction score
You learn something every day ... sometimes several things -

When I was 26, I could learn several things in one day....now, at 66, it requires several days to learn one thing.....this progression would probably take about 3 months :)

When I listened to the pianist soloing, I thought it would be good exercise for me to transcribe into notation..... when Mr. Coltrane took over, I immediately habituated a Staten Island accent (no small feat for a Tennessee boy) and said "fuhgedaboudit"......

Last edited:

Rayblewit

Love Music / Love Life
Reaction score
These kinds of videos are most useful. Some I might gloss over because the narrator raves on but I usually I end up with a new tip or two. Some vids are very helpful indeed and new methods and learning curves definitely enhance my playing.
Thanks Gary.
Cheers Ray:)

Ask a Question